Nellis ATC Frequencies?

Hi,

I'm fairly new to DCS so this may be a stupid question but despite searching I have been unable to find the answer.

Does the ATC in DCS only work with the VHF tower frequency? or is this just the case for Nellis?

No matter what I do, I can not talk to ATC via UHF. I can talk to the tanker via UHF but not ATC. Only the TWR frequency works for me, 132.55, so I have to ask startup/taxi and take off from 132.55. Is that normal for DCS?

In real life don't military guys use UHF for almost all ATC?

Which plane are you using Bbow? Make sure you have the correct radio selected. Also make sure you are on AM not FM.

IRL they used UHF because it was safer than VHF (line of sight mostly and shorter range...you don't want the bad guys listening). VHF though has been and is now used quite a lot for ATC situations. In this day of datalink and encryption, the reason for choosing between UHF and VHF is mostly one of convenience or necessity if the other party doesn't have UHF.

Edited by Zeagle

I'm using the F16. Correct frequency dialed up and using the correct button to transmit on UHF but no reply from ATC. If I use the VHF freq and button i do get a reply from the TWR (start up clearance, taxi , take off). Is GND control and DEP /APP impelemented in DCS?

Oh, I think it is all AM...not sure, I'll double check

Currently for DCS airfields there are multiple frequencies for the ATC so that different modules can use their radios. ATC contact includes asking/requesting for startup, taxi, take off, inbound, landing and azimuth. No Ground, Approach, Tower, Departure, ATIS and the like are implemented as separate freq and radio. You can find some cool missions though done by some very talented and creative users that do include RL radio comms.

Other than that you can contact ground crew.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Currently for DCS airfields there are multiple frequencies for the ATC so that different modules can use their radios. ATC contact includes asking/requesting for startup, taxi, take off, inbound, landing and azimuth. No Ground, Approach, Tower, Departure, ATIS and the like are implemented as separate freq and radio. You can find some cool missions though done by some very talented and creative users that do include RL radio comms.

Other than that you can contact ground crew.

Cool, thanks for the answer. After a thorough search I read somewhere that DCS is planning on focusing upgrading the ATC system for the next update. Fingers crossed!