Excessive HUD and Instruments glare? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 12:15 PM   #31
Bogey Jammer

Reputation power: 2
Bogey Jammer will become famous soon enoughBogey Jammer will become famous soon enoughBogey Jammer will become famous soon enough

I said that because the texture mod alone can't solve the problem.
Tuning it back to realistic values would be better than removing it completely. This specular shader is necessary and essential since the late '90s
МиГ-23МЛД МиГ-27К МиГ-25 F-14A F/A-18 Mirage III F-4E A6M2 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module
Bogey Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #32
Breakshot

Reputation power: 32
Breakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey Jammer View Post
I said that because the texture mod alone can't solve the problem.
Tuning it back to realistic values would be better than removing it completely. This specular shader is necessary and essential since the late '90s
Well... the flanker was fine till last friday... Since the late 90s

There has got to be a way to make this flyable...

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov, #24 of the 51st 'Bisons' PVO Regiment
Breakshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #33
SinusoidDelta

Reputation power: 7
SinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakshot View Post
Ok, just tested with the Mod patch above.

It is marginally better, but as you can see the effect is still overwhelming. Also the HUD filter is not working at all...

You have to test with the sun behind you to see the effect.
I did test with the sun behind me. My reflections don't seem nearly as bad as yours for some reason.

I modified another dds in the texture zip for glass transparency. It may have helped with the HUD glare/reflections. Check the screenshots out.

New .zip is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/swr1twaf5c...TURES.zip?dl=0

Sun location:

Cockpit view

Sun location:

Cockpit view:

Let me know if that works better for you.

Last edited by SinusoidDelta; 05-17-2017 at 08:08 PM.
SinusoidDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #34
SinusoidDelta

Reputation power: 7
SinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the roughSinusoidDelta is a jewel in the rough

Here is a version that should work with JGSME.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbyfbz159u...JGSME.rar?dl=0

It tested out ok on my end but use at your own risk.

It's twice as large because it contains two directories. One for those with the standalone su-27 and one for those with flaming cliffs.
SinusoidDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:29 AM   #35
Breakshot

Breakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to allBreakshot is a name known to all

Which one of the files controls the HUD filter? I see that your mod removes the dark shade of the filter... So when you raise it, nothing happens apart from a blank glass texture coming up... Everything else looks better, apart from HUD still going blank when flying inverted with the sun behind you, but thats something that raising the HUD filter should fix once it works correctly...

Last edited by Breakshot; 05-18-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:53 AM   #36
Breakshot

You can see the overall effect is better, apart from HUD when inverted.

Note also the screenshots with HUD filter on, vs Off. When its on, it causes complete blurring of HUD like looking through fog...

Is it possible to just remove the glow effect entirely and have it as it was pre-patch?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_170518_164611.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	162347   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_170518_164654.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	162348   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_170518_164707.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	162349  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_170518_164705.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	162350  

Last edited by Breakshot; 05-18-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #37
Knock-Knock

Reputation power: 2
Knock-Knock is a jewel in the roughKnock-Knock is a jewel in the roughKnock-Knock is a jewel in the roughKnock-Knock is a jewel in the roughKnock-Knock is a jewel in the roughKnock-Knock is a jewel in the rough

Try this one, thesu27_cpt_glass_spec.dds. Just drag and drop the dds file onto the SU-27S-CPT-TEXTURES.ZIP

The three color channels control separate things.
R is specular intensity. 255 highest
G I think is specular power. The size of the 'hot spot'. 0 being largest. Didnt change it
B is reflectivity. 255 is full reflection.

It was using 247, 12, 247. I reduced to 64, 12, 128
Attached Files
File Type: rar su27_cpt_glass_spec.rar (223 Bytes, 11 views)

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | Saitek Pro Rudder pedals | Windows 7-64 |
Knock-Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:59 AM   #38
Breakshot

Nice, thanks for the tip! Could you also make one with the effect removed completely? Is that possible?

My .dds skills are non existent, so I have no clue what you mean by those numbers.

It would be nice to have a "clean" version, like it was before the patch...

Sent on mobile Android via Tapatalk

Old 05-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #39
Breakshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knock-Knock View Post
Try this one, thesu27_cpt_glass_spec.dds. Just drag and drop the dds file onto the SU-27S-CPT-TEXTURES.ZIP

The three color channels control separate things.
R is specular intensity. 255 highest
G I think is specular power. The size of the 'hot spot'. 0 being largest. Didnt change it
B is reflectivity. 255 is full reflection.

It was using 247, 12, 247. I reduced to 64, 12, 128
It looks great, all works as expected! Thanks

Last edited by Breakshot; 05-19-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:56 PM   #40
Winston 60

Reputation power: 6
Winston 60 is a jewel in the roughWinston 60 is a jewel in the roughWinston 60 is a jewel in the roughWinston 60 is a jewel in the roughWinston 60 is a jewel in the roughWinston 60 is a jewel in the roughWinston 60 is a jewel in the roughWinston 60 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks to SinusoidDelta, your fix returned the backup compass and cut out a bit of the glare. Thanks to Knock-Knock, your fix removed most of the remaining glare on the cockpit glass. Nice going guys!

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit
VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti
FTW
MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080
MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit
GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset
Winston 60 is offline   Reply With Quote