Missing External Model Parts / Texture from cockpit view - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-23-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
Highwayman-Ed

Reputation power: 24
Highwayman-Ed is a glorious beacon of lightHighwayman-Ed is a glorious beacon of lightHighwayman-Ed is a glorious beacon of lightHighwayman-Ed is a glorious beacon of lightHighwayman-Ed is a glorious beacon of lightHighwayman-Ed is a glorious beacon of lightHighwayman-Ed is a glorious beacon of lightHighwayman-Ed is a glorious beacon of lightHighwayman-Ed is a glorious beacon of lightHighwayman-Ed is a glorious beacon of lightHighwayman-Ed is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Highwayman-Ed
Default Missing External Model Parts / Texture from cockpit view

Not a major thing, but I noticed then I leaned over the side of my MiG-21 with my Rift on, that there is only a small part of the model there and textures are missing from it (Standard VVS Grey Skin).

F2 view is perfect for these parts. I was actually standing up when I saw it to get out of my sim chair with my rift still on, so it's not normally seen.

Intel i7-7700k @4.8GHz
MSI Z270 Gaming Carbon Pro
32GB G.Skill Trident DDR3200 RAM
MSI 11GB GTX1080ti Founders Edition
40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K
Oculus Rift CV1
Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker
Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition
Highwayman-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #2
Kuky
Veteran

Reputation power: 278
Kuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant future

I've noticed the same and reported to Leatherneck already. The feedback was that real pilot can't move his head in the MiG-21 like this in the first place so that it wasn't a big issue, so not sure if they will do anything about it. I agree when canopy is closed you should not be able to stick your head like this, but with canopy open and not strapped in, you might so anyway, wait and see.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:38 PM   #3
Cobra847
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 45
Cobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to beholdCobra847 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuky View Post
I've noticed the same and reported to Leatherneck already. The feedback was that real pilot can't move his head in the MiG-21 like this in the first place so that it wasn't a big issue, so not sure if they will do anything about it. I agree when canopy is closed you should not be able to stick your head like this, but with canopy open and not strapped in, you might so anyway, wait and see.
Actually, these texture issues will be fixed- but we might not add the missing fuselage pieces on the sides. Unfortunately the interior model and exterior don't match either, so it's a lot of extra work right now.

EDIT: Yes- unstrapped you could probably lean that far.

Director | Lead Artist
Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
Cobra847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:40 AM   #4
mytai01

Reputation power: 7
mytai01 has a spectacular aura aboutmytai01 has a spectacular aura aboutmytai01 has a spectacular aura aboutmytai01 has a spectacular aura about

At least an explanation was given, but it does look better completed. You know it will probably keep coming up for all eternity?
mytai01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:26 PM   #5
Sp@t

Reputation power: 5
Sp@t will become famous soon enoughSp@t will become famous soon enough

Any news about this missing texture ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_170517_092827.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	162389  
Old 11-15-2017, 05:46 AM   #6
Zodiac

Zodiac will become famous soon enoughZodiac will become famous soon enoughZodiac will become famous soon enough

+1 on this..... its pretty annoying and no other airplane has this issue.... it should be fixed!!!!!!
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:10 PM   #7
asla36

Reputation power: 2
asla36 is on a distinguished road

Yeah... But it also is really low priority, since in regular usage it shouldn't even be noticed. Leaning out of the cockpit mid-flight can hardly be called 'standard practice' among Cold War era fighter pilots.

Make it happen, and take my money!
asla36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:24 PM   #8
firmek

Reputation power: 8
firmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nicefirmek is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
+1 on this..... its pretty annoying and no other airplane has this issue.... it should be fixed!!!!!!
Well, you're not exactly correct on this one. I would say all other planes are like that. When you're in cockpit, in reality you're not in the same 3D model as you see when watching the plane in outside view. For performance reasons, it’s just a truncated model, containing only the parts that can be seen when you're sitting strapped-in. There is no need to send undercarriage or the bottom of plane fuselage to the GPU for rendering as you're never going to see them.
Aside of that, the real problem is not this part not being visible but the fact that you can actually stick your head soo much out of the cockpit during the flight.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:00 AM   #9
Zodiac

Zodiac will become famous soon enoughZodiac will become famous soon enoughZodiac will become famous soon enough

the real problem is not this part not being visible but the fact that you can actually stick your head soo much out of the cockpit during the flight.[/QUOTE]

That would work for me... when I said fix it I didn't actually mean to add texture on there but fix the head movement of pilot or something anything lol
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote