British wingman voices - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #61
CptTangerine

Reputation power: 8
CptTangerine is on a distinguished road

I just uploaded the whole shebang as a pack. I'm very much a novice at even using JSGME let alone creating a pack for it. The wingman voices and pilot voice is my original and the ATC is YoYo's.

Accipiter, maybe we could combine my voices with yours to get the best of both and have one truly awesome pack? Having different people voicing the different wingmen is bound to be better than having me putting on different accents
Old 05-17-2017, 11:31 AM   #62
CptTangerine

Reputation power: 8
CptTangerine is on a distinguished road

As a matter of interest, does anyone have a link to how to create a JSGME-compatible pack?
Old 05-17-2017, 01:09 PM   #63
YoYo

Reputation power: 29
YoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptTangerine View Post
I just uploaded the whole shebang as a pack. I'm very much a novice at even using JSGME let alone creating a pack for it. The wingman voices and pilot voice is my original and the ATC is YoYo's.

Accipiter, maybe we could combine my voices with yours to get the best of both and have one truly awesome pack? Having different people voicing the different wingmen is bound to be better than having me putting on different accents
Thank You CptT!

Quote:
As a matter of interest, does anyone have a link to how to create a JSGME-compatible pack?
Here is info how to install: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607 .
Maybe it helps also http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1773663 .
To create compatible file is easy, the structure of folders must be the same like in the game/program.
Win 10 64, i7 7700k@4.5, GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz,, 4xSSD+1SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [FSX, P3Dv3, DCS, TOH, RoF, Condor, WT, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK]

Last edited by YoYo; 05-17-2017 at 01:13 PM.
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:39 PM   #64
Accipiter

Reputation power: 9
Accipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have just uploaded my "version" of the British radio voice pack. If the moderators pass it, you could open the folders up and follow the same structure I have used. Search for my User Files as "herky".

I re did all the voices for the player and the 3 wingmen. Folder size caused me to have separate folders, one for player and one for wingmen. They both go into JSGME, or folks can just use one folder if they like.

If any one is interested, I have an alternate wingman voice pack, with more colourful language,appropriate for WW2. These wingmen have different personalities with number 3 being more like a certain Captain Flashart!! This could be uploaded at a later time?

It's good there will be a choice of voices available now. Although I intended this for Normandy, it works in 1.5/2.0.

https://youtu.be/HcOumnUrvKM

Best regards

David

Last edited by Accipiter; 05-17-2017 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Blackadder ref.
Accipiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #65
VampireNZ

Reputation power: 4
VampireNZ will become famous soon enoughVampireNZ will become famous soon enoughVampireNZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hi

I have done some British voices for the wingmen for those who would like to add some more British to the Spitfire experience

They can be found at lockonfiles under files/file/3352-dcs-wingman-sound-pack/

Enjoy!

CptT.
Thanks very much - great pack! As a Kiwi I wanted something a little less 'merican. (Thou it is still a bit posh lol)
Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K 4.20Ghz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 | Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | NZXT H440W Full Tower Case | Windows 10 64-Bit | Oculus Rift CV1

Owned Modules - A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | F-15C | NTTR
Shopping List - M-2000C | F-86 | L-39C | Spitfire | F-14A/B
(Purchases pending VR perf issues resolution...except the Tomcat!)
VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #66
zionid

Reputation power: 7
zionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nice

Accipiter: The recording sounds good- but your wingmen seem to sound all the same copy/paste in the video. I assume this is because its WIP. Other than that it is nice I will be using Tangerine, but copying one of your wingmen into the mix for variation. BTW- you also operate with modern terms you might consider swapping out. "Splash one bandit" and "Guns guns!" "Copy" f etc. Other than that- great efforts from both of you. Looking forward to future updates.
zionid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #67
Accipiter

Reputation power: 9
Accipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the roughAccipiter is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionid View Post
Accipiter: The recording sounds good- but your wingmen seem to sound all the same copy/paste in the video. I assume this is because its WIP. Other than that it is nice I will be using Tangerine, but copying one of your wingmen into the mix for variation. BTW- you also operate with modern terms you might consider swapping out. "Splash one bandit" and "Guns guns!" "Copy" f etc. Other than that- great efforts from both of you. Looking forward to future updates.
Yes that's great! Mix and match!

I have a wingman voice pack that I will upload soon that has more colourful language, appropriate for the time. Each wingman has different "personality"". This is difficult to achieve without using different voice actors! But fiddling with Audacity settings and putting more personality into the voices is the way to go.

We have all seen "Battle of Britain" and "Angels One Five"! I didn't want to go overboard with embellishing the voices so that that it sounded corny and overdone. So it's a fine balance between reality, which is what us DCS flyers seek and "fantasy". Remember how the film maker depicted the Polish flyers? They got so excited during the battle no one could get a word in edgeways!

I also was aiming for a voice pack that could be used in more modern theatres. Or a one size fits all? However, there is a need for a WW2, centered voice set, so have a look at my next upload (probably the weekend now).

Tally Ho!

Regards.
David
Old 05-18-2017, 09:30 AM   #68
YoYo

Reputation power: 29
YoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of lightYoYo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNZ View Post
Thanks very much - great pack! As a Kiwi I wanted something a little less 'merican. (Thou it is still a bit posh lol)
Btw. The proper link (JSGME ready) is here:

DOWNLOAD: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2642634/

btw.2 this is good "In a future update I intend to add the new Normandy airfields / locations and alter some of the sound files to be more appropriate for the era."
Win 10 64, i7 7700k@4.5, GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz,, 4xSSD+1SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [FSX, P3Dv3, DCS, TOH, RoF, Condor, WT, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK]

Last edited by YoYo; 05-18-2017 at 09:59 AM.
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #69
Dave317

Reputation power: 11
Dave317 has a spectacular aura aboutDave317 has a spectacular aura aboutDave317 has a spectacular aura aboutDave317 has a spectacular aura about

I've just found this. It's amazing!! Please keep the modern version as well as a ww2 period version. It's perfect for the gazelle.
Dave317 is offline   Reply With Quote