Cannot upgrade Black Shark 2 without Black Shark 1 on my system

Gpruitt54

The only version of Black Shark 1 I own is a very old box version. This version is not installed on my system. I also have Black Shark 2, which is installed. I am getting messages that I must have Black Shark 1 installed on my system.

The very old boxed version of Black Shark 1 will not install because of all the required patches.

What do I do to get Black Shark 2 upgraded?

The only version of Black Shark 1 I own is a very old box version. This version is not installed on my system. I also have Black Shark 2, which is installed. I am getting messages that I must have Black Shark 1 installed on my system.

The very old boxed version of Black Shark 1 will not install because of all the required patches.

What do I do to get Black Shark 2 upgraded?

At first some questions

-Do you have a BS1 Key ?

-Do you have a BS 2.0 Upgrade key ? (if you do not have one i have to tell you that it can not be purchased anymore)

If yes

1. Install and activate BS1

2. Download and install DCS World

3. Install the BS 2.0 upgrade version via the DCS World included Module manager after you have started DCS World. You will find it at the top of the main menu screen.

Previously you will need an account here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/ if you do not already have one.

Its the same login as in the popup which shows after DCS World has been started.

You cannot upgrade Black Shark 2 without an activated copy of Black Shark 1 on your system.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Hello,

download dcs world then you an either install BS1 or 2, or upgrade BS1 to BS2 in the module manager as Isegrim said, plus free content with 1.5.6 like su-25t tf-51 and campains, missions and such. you must sign into the website and create an account though.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is no upgrade for BS2 only world, if you downloaded and ran:doh::music_whistling::smartass: the upgrade for Bs1 to BS2 then you would get that massage..:D

Edited by slowhand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I have the following:

DCS World installed and working, both 1.x.x and 2.x.x

DCS: Combined Arms installed and working

DCS: BS1 Boxed version with KEY

DCS: BS2 Upgrade (download version) installed and working in DCS World. The key is accessible through my DCS account information.

If I recall, the last time I tried to install BS1, I was unable to because I did not have all the required patches. Also, I have exceeded the max number of activations.

Edited by Gpruitt54

I can tell you that you DO NOT need to install BS1 from the disc, but you do need the key.

I cant remember the exact sequence of actions, but I have BS1 and the BS2 upgrade and recently needed to re-install my whole DCS onto a new computer and I definitely didnt install BS1 because I no longer have an optical drive.

I think you need to input the BS1 key into the module manager as if you were adding a new module, then later it will ask you if you want to install your BS2 upgrade.

I can tell you that you DO NOT need to install BS1 from the disc, but you do need the key.

I cant remember the exact sequence of actions, but I have BS1 and the BS2 upgrade and recently needed to re-install my whole DCS onto a new computer and I definitely didnt install BS1 because I no longer have an optical drive.

I think you need to input the BS1 key into the module manager as if you were adding a new module, then later it will ask you if you want to install your BS2 upgrade.

The BS2 module is already installed and is working. Each time I start DCS World, I am asked to update BS2. If I click YES, DCS World crashes back to Windows. If I click NO, I can continue playing the sim as usual. There is no prompt to input the BS1 key. Also, there is no place in the module manager to enter the module information.

Edited by Gpruitt54

The CS2 module is already installed and is working. Each time I start DCS World, I am asked to update BS2. If I click YES, DCS World crashes back to Windows. If I click NO, I can continue playing the sim as usual. There is no prompt to input the BS1 key. Also, there is no place in the module manager to enter the module information.

Could it be that you have the Upgrade key for BS2 and a regular key for BS2 bound to your account and that DCS is just asking if you want to install the module for the Upgrade key - although you already have the module installed for the regular key?

Maybe post a screenshot of that message where DCS is asking you to upgrade BS2...

I was in the same spot as you, ended up biting the bullet and bought the BS2 module for DCS world. Even with customer support poking around on my system via Teamviewer were they unable to remedy the situation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

The BS2 module is already installed and is working. Each time I start DCS World, I am asked to update BS2. If I click YES, DCS World crashes back to Windows. If I click NO, I can continue playing the sim as usual. There is no prompt to input the BS1 key. Also, there is no place in the module manager to enter the module information.

hes right Im having that same issue with the GUI telling me I don't own BS1, when I bought it and that I need to install BS2 when it's already installed, and purchased full version on the DCS World stand alone?

phantom software issue I guess.

Edited by DSSRapidfire

I had the same issue's installing BS2 upgrade a while back but my BS1 copy was a digital download from Direct2Drive.com instead of owning an actual disk if that would make any difference. I tried downloading and installing BS1 through Direct2Drive and DCS World still claimed I didn't have it installed, but what did finally work was installing BS1 from a download I found online then installing BS2 upgrade through DCS World.

It has been a while so I cant remember which of the two downloads finally worked for me, but I am almost positive it was this one: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/d88/KA-50.torrent

Edit: If that first link doesn't work for some reason here is a Bing search with it being the first search result.

Alternate link: http://www.bing.com/search?q=KA-50_1.2.16.43180.9-9.exe+download&qs=n&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=ka-50_1.2.16.43180.9-9.exe+download&sc=0-35&sk=&cvid=0CA1E99A4C0146098957AE8522772CF6

If not that one then it would have to be the one found in the "Previous Versions" tab under "Downloads" on their website: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/previous_versions/dcs_black_shark_english/

Unfortunately, you will need at least 1 activation left to be able to try it, or 2 if I'm wrong on the first link :music_whistling:

Edited by Bloodwyn
First link wouldn't always work?

I had the same issue's installing BS2 upgrade a while back but my BS1 copy was a digital download from Direct2Drive.com instead of owning an actual disk if that would make any difference. I tried downloading and installing BS1 through Direct2Drive and DCS World still claimed I didn't have it installed, but what did finally work was installing BS1 from a download I found online then installing BS2 upgrade through DCS World.

It has been a while so I cant remember which of the two downloads finally worked for me, but I am almost positive it was this one: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/d88/KA-50.torrent

Edit: If that first link doesn't work for some reason here is a Bing search with it being the first search result.

Alternate link: http://www.bing.com/search?q=KA-50_1.2.16.43180.9-9.exe+download&qs=n&form=QBLH&sp=-1&pq=ka-50_1.2.16.43180.9-9.exe+download&sc=0-35&sk=&cvid=0CA1E99A4C0146098957AE8522772CF6

If not that one then it would have to be the one found in the "Previous Versions" tab under "Downloads" on their website: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/previous_versions/dcs_black_shark_english/

Unfortunately, you will need at least 1 activation left to be able to try it, or 2 if I'm wrong on the first link :music_whistling:

the problem is I have the full version of BS2 I purchased, it's still telling me to install BS2...

bs2installedfullversion.thumb.jpg.c754508db91e45ee7a36416e3b2eaf4e.jpg

bs2installedfullversion2.thumb.jpg.5cae306447d2d4e3dae9b1da85a96d34.jpg

Edited by DSSRapidfire