Shadows and grass

nrgized

What is up with both of these two being totally broken?

Grass is nothing but a huge pile of glitter.

Shadows (not flat ones) pop all over the place. Trees are the worst offenders. Buildings of you enable terrain object shadows also bounce all over the place.

Just upgraded to a 1080ti and it's disappointing that I can enable these graphics but am probably going to shut them off because they are so broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the benefits in dcs from your gtx 1080ti too your old one? I want too upgrade from 980ti to 1080ti. But i am not sure anymore. Titan xp is already out and i think that the 2080 comes after the summer. Cause Amd is pushing. So i am curious to your answer...

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

What is up with both of these two being totally broken?

Grass is nothing but a huge pile of glitter.

Shadows (not flat ones) pop all over the place. Trees are the worst offenders. Buildings of you enable terrain object shadows also bounce all over the place.

Just upgraded to a 1080ti and it's disappointing that I can enable these graphics but am probably going to shut them off because they are so broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it you are on 1.5? If so I'd recommend switching to 2.0 and the Nevada map for VR as it looks and performs much better than Caucasus.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I take it you are on 1.5? If so I'd recommend switching to 2.0 and the Nevada map for VR as it looks and performs much better than Caucasus.

Nobody flys Nevada...

Telling someone to completely switch maps isn't a helpful answer.

I fly Nevada. But the Grass and shadows are not working correctly in 2.0.current either however I'm sure the developers are working on sorting that out in the interim just turn the clutter and shadows down it still fly's fine in VR

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Nobody flys Nevada...

Telling someone to completely switch maps isn't a helpful answer.

Maybe for VR they don't...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I fly Nevada over 1.5 in sp cause it is so much nicer and optimized, of course when Normandy gets here then I don't imagine I will fly anywhere else :)

Oh and for me shadows give a much better experience

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]