Engine Startup bug?

November

I'm facing a strange situation.

When i try to startup the engine from a cold warthog, the RPM would not go over 30%. The startup procedures are good, inverter, apu, apugen, and the fuel pumps are on. Oddly, the fuel test button would not work ( it clicks, but there is no change in the quantity fuel indicators as the test would function ) and so the oxygen test will fail in the same way.

That's strange, because i had no problems in hundreds of cold start.

What's even more strange, if i start on an hot warthog, i can use alle the test buttons correctly and i can shut down and restart without a problem.

I don't know if it's a bug or a problem that i can resolve

Any suggestion?

Engine startup bug

When i try to startup the engine from a cold warthog, the RPM would not go over 30%. The startup procedures are good, inverter, apu, apugen, and the fuel pumps are on. Oddly, the fuel test button would not work ( it clicks, but there is no change in the quantity fuel indicators as the test would function ) and so the oxygen test will fail in the same way.

What's even more strange, if i start on an hot warthog, i can use alle the test buttons correctly and i can shut down and restart without a problem.

Any suggestion?

Just curious if you've tried calling ground crew for repair?

[HVY-A]Daze:pilotfly:

Very strange. Do you recall if the EGT raised, or stayed near zero? If it did raise, then that indicates a hung start. If it didn't budge, then the engine didn't light off due time a lack of fuel or ignition.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Any suggestion?

dont see any mention of battery switch

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

no batt power, no testing switch responses, and likely no fuel pumps.

Double checking now..

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

If the battery was off, the APU wouldn't have started and therefore the engines wouldn't have gotten to 30%, where they stopped spooling according to the OP.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

yeah, without BAT no APU Spin Up.

I've stalled starting left once a looooong time ago.. I think I cut the pumps on at the wrong time, I dunno what it was, I shut everything off and started over and it was fine.

Possibly errant click of engine ignition switches or something.

Please Post Track,

I started up the A-10C like 20 times last night no problem.

Any suggestion?

I know you said inverter apu and apugen is on how ever you did not mention whether or not you actually have power.. Will the CDU/MFDS/HUD ect turn on?

Is it possible to jump the gun with the apu.. If you start spooling before the apu has fully spooled up. If memory serves me right the apu will not generate enough power to do anything if its under 100%. with that if it is modeled in game by moving the throttle to idle before apu its fully spooled you then allow bypass air to the engine robbing the apu of a chance to fully spool.

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

I just ran a test. If you do not wait for the apu to hit 100% before moving the throttle to idle you will never get it working.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

November in your track you forgot the inverter switch.. It's the switch right next to the apu gen switch in the middle top of the electric controls. With out that every cold start you try will be the same.

full-1029-8366-screen_110317_130622.jpg

Edited by pr1malr8ge

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]