Love the Black shark but is it worth getting the Gazzel?

Wolf8312

i say -get all modules you even remotely think you will spend time with and enjoy. if you can afford it that is. not all here are 40+ upper middle class persons without kids and a ”fairly” large recriation cash stack and tons of time. i mean its on sale right now and for 30 bucks i get a decent dinner and a beer on a local bar here.. and all that gives in the ”long run” is a good belch ;) im getting the gazelle just coz it has good downward view and i want to go check for ufo-s at area 51 later tonight ;)

-----

My life as a child did not prepare me for the fact that the world is full of cruel and bitter things.

-Robert Oppenheimer, 1904-1967

TM Warthog Hotas, TM Rudder, Track IR 5

Next Level GT Ultimate V2 Gaming Chair Racing Simulator Cockpit

43" Screen

You might consider the Huey instead of the Gazelle if you want a really different heli flying experience. I have both Huey and KA-50, and I actually felt the Huey easier to fly at first because it's more ... manual ... like the difference between driving a car with automatic vs clutch. With the clutch you feel closer to the engine, you feel more "in control" - but the automatic is so much more convenient and it gives you the headspace for situational awareness (or sipping that cup of coffee).

Once I became familiar with the KA-50 control systems and the concept of trimming (in that the trimmer is in fact a form of autopilot) it became much easier and I've been flying it much more lately. But there is something to be said about the earthy feel of flying that Huey.

• Like 1

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

in 2.0 the gazelle is agile, I do not know what 1.5 is like.

The size and agility of the gazelle sets it apart. Use of Weapon is very different. Weapon designation sensors are set high on the Gazelle's airframe and it becomes very obvious how this benefits you very very quickly.

The Gazelle will learn you just how low a filthy back stabbing rat f£ck attack chopper pilot needs to be! you are a tight, in close knife fighter that must get in tight to be effective.

I have played many a combat chopper game in my 30 years of simming and there is nothing else that describes the experience of low life survival like the gazelle.... it requires real smarts!

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.