Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

This mean map is a landscape, flora, buildings... things like that. But we have a lot of different WWII units in production (spoiler: AI bombers as well) . So WWII units will not be a part of Normandy or any other map, but will be available for all maps.

It's not really a spoiler about AI bomber it was expected since the kickstarter days on DCS WWII: Europe 1944 project :D in the far far far january 2014

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Do we know what the map size is going to be?

No precise official data up to now, but based on hints by Wags and Raccoon's post that South England will not be included, we 're probably looking into something that's about 200-250 x200 kms : Cherbourg to Dieppe on the North, up to LeMans to the south (if we' re lucky).

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

No precise official data up to now, but based on hints by Wags and Raccoon's post that South England will not be included, we 're probably looking into something that's about 200-250 x200 kms : Cherbourg to Dieppe on the North, up to LeMans to the south (if we' re lucky).

How can South England not be included??? Where are the blue airfields located then? Would be a real shame not to be able to fight across the channel:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

How can South England not be included??? Where are the blue airfields located then? Would be a real shame not to be able to fight across the channel:cry:

Please see link below and quote from Wags:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135412

"All I can say at this time: "What we are looking for are all German fighter bases in northern France (north of Paris) / west of Calais and all allied airbases in southern England south of London but east of Exeter."

As far as I know this stands and both England and France will be included with, of course, the English Channel in the middle.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Please see link below and quote from Wags:

"All I can say at this time: "What we are looking for are all German fighter bases in northern France (north of Paris) / west of Calais and all allied airbases in southern England south of London but east of Exeter."

As far as I know this stands and both England and France will be included with, of course, the English Channel in the middle.

Happy landings,

Talisman

I too was hoping for a map like this, based on Wag's post, but there is a post by Raccoon in this thread "Normandy means Normandy, as a region of France", that made me skeptical (it's number 25).

Perhaps it's time for the devs to clear any misunderstanding about the Southern England issue. It's been a really long time since the map was announced.

btw, there was a thread asking for Lorentz blind landing system pics. Will this be included in Normandy for the German planes?

Edited by airdoc

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time.

I too was hoping for a map like this, based on Wag's post, but there is a post by Raccoon in this thread "Normandy means Normandy, as a region of France", that made me skeptical (it's number 25).

Perhaps it's time for the devs to clear any misunderstanding about the Southern England issue. It's been a really long time since the map was announced.

btw, there was a thread asking for Lorentz blind landing system pics. Will this be included in Normandy for the German planes?

I read a post somewhere (cant find it now) that Wags was looking for info on English airbases and BIGNEWY recommended a book, his reply to that was he had ordered a copy. This was from over a year ago, so I assume that southern England will be included from this?.

EDIT

Found it.....Here's a link to the conversation......posts 5 & 7. Going back to December 2014.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

To save the link:

All I can say at this time: "What we are looking for are all German fighter bases in northern France (north of Paris) / west of Calais and all allied airbases in southern England south of London but east of Exeter."

Cheers.

1. Yes

2. Beta will be around at the time of release, and presumably chosen as the vehicle for bug fixing prior to a full release anyway, but it'll be a while before any of us get to try Normandy.

3. Agreed

4. The P-51D is an awesome beast, but boy are you missing out by not having the other WW2 modules!

Hiya Neil

Thanks for reply. What are the other ww2 modules ?

Me-109k, FW-190 are already released, with Spitfire coming "soon" and thunderbolt and Me-262 also in the works, that's just from ED. VEAO also have a P-40F overdue for release any many more planned and leatherneck has a corsair planned as well.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Me-109k, FW-190 are already released, with Spitfire coming "soon" and thunderbolt and Me-262 also in the works, that's just from ED. VEAO also have a P-40F overdue for release any many more planned and leatherneck has a corsair planned as well.

Dont forget about the bomber that poly chop is making :)

• 3 weeks later...

It'll be a while before they get to the Normandy map. First there is the integration of 1.5.3 and 2.0.2 into 2.5, then probably the Straits of Hormuz will follow that, with Normandy bringing up the rear in all probability - unless of course they have a secret plan to incorporate Normandy with the Spitfire or P-47.

• ED Team
It'll be a while before they get to the Normandy map. First there is the integration of 1.5.3 and 2.0.2 into 2.5, then probably the Straits of Hormuz will follow that, with Normandy bringing up the rear in all probability - unless of course they have a secret plan to incorporate Normandy with the Spitfire or P-47.

Far as I know, the Normandy map is being done by an outside source, as well we saw the Normandy Icon in Matt's version during his last stream... be sure, work is continuing on it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

anyone have a desire to actually try flying modern jets in this map XD

a final countdown Europe 1944 scenario would be interesting :lol:

[ame]

[/ame]

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

a final countdown Europe 1944 scenario would be interesting :lol:

I guess that would only be fun if you're in the F-14 ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

With so many interesting aircraft but no more modern Europe map in development I will certainly do so. Any WW2 map will work as a decent substitute for Cold War scenarios at least up to the 70ties.

I think LNS is working on a modern/Cold War europe map (Gotland?) for their Viggen.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I guess that would only be fun if you're in the F-14 ;)

this will be the spin off with the AF ))))

F15 will have to do for now.

With so many interesting aircraft but no more modern Europe map in development I will certainly do so. Any WW2 map will work as a decent substitute for Cold War scenarios at least up to the 70ties.

or that....

just have a pretend cold war scenario over France, at least until LN or someone else give a appropriate time period map.

there are still going to be airfield that are going to be long enough to be able to accommodate various jets.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

that is the first thing im gonna do when it will be out...

but i fear ED may do those short airfields made of grass and dirt only so we won't be able to land or take off that easily using modern jets :(

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+