Cockpit and Cloud Flicker AMD Crossfire

Everything was working OK until the latest update. Now DCS is doing what it did to me not too long ago; flickering cockpit and clouds. I can't seem to make it go away, no matter what settings I use. Seems to happen really badly during dawn or dusk in simulation. My specs are in my sig. I don't believe it is my video drivers because this happened after the last DCS Update. I updated my AMD drivers hoping that would fix the issue. It didn't. Any help or assistance is appreciated. This is quite frustrating because it seemed this problem was behind me. It is difficult to fly now, all I see is the damn flickering.

ASUS X570 Plus TUF MOBO, Ryzen 3900X CPU, EVGA 2080 Super GPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD

I know ED are doing a lot of tweaking behind the scenes in the lighting department, not sure if this has anything to do with your problem? I run a single GTX 1070 and see no flickering.

Whats it like if you run on a single card? Is it a bug with crossfire in the latest update perhaps?

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Is it the cloud shadows you are referring to? Ive noticed that too, that I at times get a very fast flicker from them. Could be related to low angle sun / long shadows. I will keep an eye on that.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

It doesn't have flicker when I am not using Crossfire. The cloud flicker doesn't bother me nearly as much as the cockpit flicker. I think it might have something to do with the long shadows/low sunlight. I notice no cockpit flicker when the sun is full and bright. I test this in the D-9 Freeflight mission that I think starts at dusk. Massive flickering. Instant action Takeoff, during midday, I don't notice any flickering. But I can't take the D-9 off due to being terrible with it... Not so noticeable in helos, due to the rotor blade shadows flickering, but it is worse in the Mi-8, due to the blue-green cockpit. Again, this is really only noticeable in lower light conditions. I hope this gets fixed soon, I am in the middle of the huey campaign and can feel my skills slipping due to not playing. Oh well, might have to pretend my virtual pilot has a virtual condition that makes him see virtual flickering. Maybe a combat injury...

ASUS X570 Plus TUF MOBO, Ryzen 3900X CPU, EVGA 2080 Super GPU, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Combat Injury !!! That's it :doh:

Like your attitude !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

AFAIK, w/ the latest 1.5 Release/OB Builds, it's not the clouds, but the Actual Sky.

Aircraft LODs, Ground Objects Etc will render, but the Sky Will only Render Every other Frame, causing Odd Frames to be Aircraft/Object w/ Black Background.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs