Cloud rotating and disappearing

This bug has caused my current efforts in mission building using heavy weather to come to a grinding halt. Since this is a reoccurring bug (we've had this exact same problem before) I was thinking ED had a pretty good idea of what is causing it and would spend some time to fix it. Plus the fact that ED doesn't list all fixes in the change log text, it would be great if this can be confirmed fixed or not fixed please. If not I'll just wait a week or so to see for myself in the stable release version.

I was just hoping to be able to complete and release another carrier mission for the stable release version before having to pack up my household for a cross country move.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

On "rotating clouds"....operating the SU-25T in Free Flight and performing an Immellman, I dive a bit at full throttle, ease back on the stick and as I pass 90^ vertical the clouds rotate like a disc on a pencil.

It's a bit peculiar, is this part of the "known bug" issue?

On "rotating clouds"....operating the SU-25T in Free Flight and performing an Immellman, I dive a bit at full throttle, ease back on the stick and as I pass 90^ vertical the clouds rotate like a disc on a pencil.

It's a bit peculiar, is this part of the "known bug" issue?

it's how the old engine handles the cloud, not a bug really, just with todays cloud engines outdated and looks wrong

it's how the old engine handles the cloud, not a bug really, just with todays cloud engines outdated and looks wrong

i wager its likely they would hold off spending effort fixing this until postmerge

Just so everybody is aware... there was no cloud problem in 1.5.5. There was an instance of this problem some time ago at least once before and it was fixed by ED in rather short order. This cloud bug was introduced (again) when ED tried to improve the clouds in 1.5.6. It would be shame if they left this nasty bug in place for us to deal with until the 2.5 merge. That's too far away and this bug is just too darn distracting/annoying. IMHO the old clouds from 1.5.5 should be rolled back in if possible while we wait for the merge instead of just ignoring this bug. :helpsmilie:

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

This cloud bug was introduced (again) when ED tried to improve the clouds in 1.5.6. It would be shame if they left this nasty bug in place for us to deal with until the 2.5 merge. That's too far away and this bug is just too darn distracting/annoying. IMHO the old clouds from 1.5.5 should be rolled back in if possible while we wait for the merge instead of just ignoring this bug. :helpsmilie:

100%. Leave the old clouds and bring the well overdue far more realistic looking clouds to the 2.5 merge along with new explosions effects.

• Like 1

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

After 8 weeks of waiting and hoping that the stable release ver 1.5.6.3930 patch of Apr 7, 2017 would repair this clouds bug, I can report that this bug still remains. :(

Edited by Winston 60

• ED Team

this is reported but my guess is it is unlikely to be fixed until we see new clouds in 2.5 and beyond

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

this is reported but my guess is it is unlikely to be fixed until we see new clouds in 2.5 and beyond

BIGNEWY, if your guess is right, that's too bad; too long to wait. This bug was not present in 1.5.5. Why did they introduce faulty clouds into 1.5.6 and now have us suffer through with these? Why can't the clouds from 1.5.5 be rolled back into the stable release version? :cry:

Edited by Winston 60

• ED Team

it is only a guess, if it was me with a busy workload I would not fix an old effect when a new one is on the way.

As for rolling back, it dont work that way, obviously some new code somewhere has created a problem and the fix is to have the new clouds implemented.

it maybe a fix ED will look at, like I said it is reported but I have no time scale's to share.

Edited by BIGNEWY
grammar

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No problem. Seems logical and it may just be that way but I still think the stable release version should live up to it's moniker. I guess I'll just have to get used to the fact that the less important but recently introduced bugs are going to remain until version 2.5 version takes care of all our problems, right? :smilewink:

I'm checking the other stable release version bugs that I have reported over the last 2 months and report on those as well. As I post them, maybe you could check to see if some of the other unresolved and persistent bugs are going to be worked on?

• 2 weeks later...

This is somewhat resolved in the stable release version patch 1.5.6.4546.280 update 2 release on 12 Apr. 2017

Clouds issues have been greatly improved. They still swirl and rotate somewhat as you approach them and look around, but now they don't disappear. You can actually fly into them now!

I'm glad to see they are working on this in version 1.5. Well done ED! :thumbsup:

Edited by Winston 60