Oculus Rift immersion is incredible.

Rotorhead11

I might well be getting my VR games mixed up in my head, as I guess the sun in DCS is not that strong, but in quite a few games - project CARS, Aerofly FS2, as the sun comes round at a certain angle it blinds you and I found myself holding up my hand the first time to shade my eyes. I also looked at my watch and wondered why the VR hands didn't move. Don't do it so much now that I've grown used to it, but it was pretty weird at first.

It's probably something to do with having a brain that is easily fooled :doh:

I find myself going to lean on the side of the cockpit before realising there is nothing physically there.

I discovered Aerofly a few weeks ago, I'd never heard of it, and boy am I impressed. The cockpit realism is just spectacular. Clarity of gauges is also first class.

My cup runeth over at the moment. :thumbup:

And with Normandy due next month, I'm going to get fired for not doing any work. But I work for myself so I will get a sympathetic ear :pilotfly:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Rotorhead,

Since you are a real Gazelle pilot, may I ask you about the overtorque alarm? In the DCS it only lights up and I often miss it and damage the helicopter. I was wondering whether the real chopper has also an audible warning.

I've only flown the 341, the 342 has essentially an uprated engine, but no there is no audible alarm, at least on ones I've flown, there is just the light. In reality it does grab your attention, but you fly it on the torque gauge anyway and there shouldn't be any instance, in everyday flying, where you would need to overtorque it. It is nippy enough without needing to take it to limits.

More attention to detail young man :joystick: