Choppers falling off moving ships

I wouldn't call it a bug as much as lack of support for that activity.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

It's been like this for so long I'd go as far as to call it a 'feature'!

Hopefully with all the ship based modules coming soon something will be done about it.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

I was trying to land on a slower moving ship and that seemed to work

CG-60 Normandy moving at 10knots seemed ok landing my huey on it

5 mins later and I have not fallen off .... yet

EDIT: Spoke too soon , ship changed course slightly and I fell right off

Edited by wash_hoban

Still rockin Windows 7 64bit

Choppers have been sliding off ships for years and years. The only way to make it work is to have ship's speed set to 0 and little to no wind to avoid too much banking. There used to be a time where one could land on a ship in high seas and stick on the deck, but I think it was in BS1. Since then, naval operations slowly disappeared from our missions.

All is not too bad. Spawning on the deck does not result in immediate destruction of the chopper as it once was, and Kh25 can now be launched again from the ka50 in hover.

We just need some flight deck crew members :thumbup:

U.S._Coast_Guard_flight_deck_crew_members_aboard_maritime_security_cutter_USCGC_Bertholf_%28WMSL_750%29_tie_down_an_MH-65_Dolphin_helicopter_arriving_from_Coast_Guard_Air_Station_Los_Angeles_to_the_deck_to_secure_it_120822-G-VS714-324.jpg

RAST-2015.jpg

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link