To the Devs, input cursor.

harsh47

Please, please release the cursor input from the HMD input. Please.

We need a option to turn that off.

To be clear, mouse cursor, and HMD cursor need to be separate.

Thank you for EVERYTHING else.

+1!

VR doesn't seem to be getting much love recently from the devs.

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here,

but, isn't that the "Use Mouse" option under the VR tab (settings)

I use a Logitech track ball for manipulation of the mouse cursor, that way I don't have to directly look at an input object (switch, etc.) to actuated it.

Makes things so much easier!!

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2

Even with use mouse on, the cursor moves when you move your head. Therefore, when trying to manipulate a smaller switch, if you move your head, the cursor comes off the switch. You end up having to hold your head steady to accurately use the mouse.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

It would be really neat to have multiple cursors. I think that's what you're suggesting?

The present cursor, the blue cross, could remain as a "screen-space" cursor. This would be visible when GUI elements appear or if permanently enabled as an option.

The new cursor, which could be some other shape (a red X perhaps,) would be a "world-space" cursor. It would remain where placed in 2D vector space, regardless of the user's head position. The overly cautious will immediately (correctly) recognize that this cursor would be easily "lost." I think that could be mitigated by simply adding an arrow that appears at the edge of the screen whenever the cursor is off-screen and moved. (With a very short display timeout so as not to become annoyingly over-present.)

Even with use mouse on, the cursor moves when you move your head. Therefore, when trying to manipulate a smaller switch, if you move your head, the cursor comes off the switch. You end up having to hold your head steady to accurately use the mouse.

Sorry, my mistake, I haven't been in a "clickable cockpit" in a while as I've been doing the Su-25T mission sets for my videos, plus just never enough DCS World time. :doh:

Yes, something has changed, as I remember it anyway. Now the mouse cursor is tied to the HMD tracking.

Really annoying to say the least. :puke:

So, yeah I agree, it would be really, really nice to have the true "mouse cursor" back!!

:protest: :ranting: :D:D

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2