Radio and SimpleRadio settings

MrGreezy

Hi all. Trying to do some Blue Flag operations and they (and a few other servers, I've noticed) use SimpleRadio for comms. Was fiddling around with it last night and could not raise anyone on the radio even though there were plenty of people on there.

1) Just so I'm clear, what settings does the in-game cockpit radio have to be on? Far as I remember in order to have the KA50 radio functioning you don't really need to switch any dials just tune the frequency.

2) Maybe I'm missing something in SimpleRadio -- how does one set up the latest build?

And if anyone's got a KA50/Mirage2000 squadron that needs a pilot with limited free time, I'd love to join.

• Like 1

Well, yes you do need to tune in the correct frequency. By default the Ka50 is on 124.0 FM. 126 is the one most often used in BF on the red side. You also need to remember to turn the volume up in the cockpit. Then Helicopters use 30, channel 5, on the second radio if they're using a separate radio for comms. That also has to be turned up in the cockpit. When changing frequencies on the second radio, the one on the right, you have to press and hold the button to the right of the volume knob. A light will come on and go out, then you can use that frequency.

• Thanks 1

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Sniper, is there a separate in-game key binding for that second radio?

Also, are there any setting in SimpleRadio to set other than the server IP?

For the SimpleRadio Standalone, I suggest you bind at a minimum:

PTT

Switch Radio 1

Switch Radio 2

Switch Radio 3

You can drop that down by removing the PTT bind if you set the option on in settings for "Radio switch acts as PTT" which means pressing and holding the radio switch will fire your PTT as well

For the KA50 there is an incockpit radio selector you normally have to use but as BlueFlag is running the radio expansion option, the hotkeys should work

For both aircraft, make sure that you've got the radio overlay open (either ingame one or the SimpleRadio external one) and check that you're transmitting on one of these frequencies:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LYS-K2EBGBZ1RjD0UGUdOkAXJBGw3mmRQZ2cSsdbJao/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

You'll know which radio your own as indicated by the green dot against the radio (or * on the in game one) and the dot will light up (or say +TR) when you're transmitting. If your not seeing that, check that you've actually selected a radio.

You can also check everyones frequencies on the map http://gadget.buddyspike.net/ by hovering over the little headphone icon.

If you're not seeing frequencies in the overlay, and your connected to a server and in game, check the troubleshooting guide in my signature.

Hope that helps!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

You don't need a separate PTT for each radio in the ka50. You have to use a rotary to switch to the radio you want to transmit on, in the cockpit. Even in the FC3 aircraft, there's no reason to use a separate PTT for each radio. Just set a hotkey for "common PTT" and then click on the radio you want to transmit on, on the popup window.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

You don't need a separate PTT for each radio in the ka50. ... Just set a hotkey for "common PTT" and then click on the radio you want to transmit on, on the popup window.

With Ciribob's recommendation to use "Radio switch acts as PTT", you don't even need any/common PTT switch.