How do I release hydraulic pressure? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-04-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
Reflected

Reputation power: 12
Reflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of light
Default How do I release hydraulic pressure?

When I do a cold start, the nose wheel bay doors are down. However, when I shut down the plane, I cannot get them to be released. How do I do it?

Thanks,
Greg

My Music
My DCS Skins
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #2
Oberfeldwebel Elmo

Reputation power: 7
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the rough

To bleed the system either move the controls around or operate the air brake several times.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #3
Reflected

Reflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of light

And then the nose wheel bay door will drop?

My Music
My DCS Skins
Old 01-04-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
Oberfeldwebel Elmo

Reputation power: 7
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the rough

I believe so. Nothing in the manual says it will but I'm sure in the -1 there would be more details. If it is indeed held up by the hydraulic pressure than if the pressure was released it would theoretically drop.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #5
Reflected

I tried and it doesn't happen. The gauge went down to 0 but the bay doors remained up.

My Music
My DCS Skins
Old 01-07-2017, 01:28 AM   #6
spiddx

Reputation power: 5
spiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the roughspiddx is a jewel in the rough

If you don't care about raising the gear again you can pull the emergency gear release handle and all the doors will open.
spiddx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:42 AM   #7
PingPongChampeen

Reputation power: 1
PingPongChampeen is on a distinguished road

Moving the controls around relieves the pressure, it doesnt drain all the fluids back into the hydraulics reservoir. Without looking at the hydraulic schematics, Id guess that the brakes have bleed valves or thermistors that will eventually bleed out when the aircraft settles or the oil cools. The pumps dont operate, but gravity still plays a role.
PingPongChampeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #8
mkiii

Reputation power: 5
mkiii is on a distinguished road

The gear doors are opened by a groundcrew operated switch in the left main gear well according to the pilots notes.

The flight controls are on a different hydraulic system to the "Utility" devices. As far as I can tell, the doors should be up when the gear is down.

Collapsing the gear, with Emergency UP & MAY give them time to open before the gear folds & the nose hits the deck, but I don't think you want to do that

Pilots notes (For the E model) here : http://aviationshoppe.com/manuals/f-...nual/f-86.html
mkiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:04 AM   #9
DonJosh

Reputation power: 13
DonJosh is a glorious beacon of lightDonJosh is a glorious beacon of lightDonJosh is a glorious beacon of lightDonJosh is a glorious beacon of lightDonJosh is a glorious beacon of lightDonJosh is a glorious beacon of lightDonJosh is a glorious beacon of lightDonJosh is a glorious beacon of lightDonJosh is a glorious beacon of lightDonJosh is a glorious beacon of lightDonJosh is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberfeldwebel Elmo View Post
To bleed the system either move the controls around or operate the air brake several times.

Jep it works for me.

Gesendet von meinem PLK-L01 mit Tapatalk
DonJosh is offline   Reply With Quote