Can I now delete DCS World OpenBeta version?

Hoggorm

Hi,

I have installed three versions of DCS:

DCS World

DCS World 2 OpenAlpha

DCS World OpenBeta

Unfortunately I've been unable to spend much time with DCS the last few months and it has been somewhat difficult to understand and follow what is happening regarding updates.

As far as I can see the latest update updated DCS World 2 and DCS World versions only, and now the DCS World and OpenBeta share the same version number.

Do I understand correctly if the OpenBeta version is now abandoned and only two versions will be developed further - DCS World and DCS World 2?

Consequently can I delete the OpenBeta version?

Thank you!

But, open beta 1.5 line was merged to the mainline. You could have deleted Open Beta and then reinstall it when Open Alpha moves to Beta (it will copy OA files as a base before upgrading anyway).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

The important question is:

Do you play multiplayer?

If yes, keep release version which is currently 1.5.2. Most servers will run the release version.

Obviously keep 2.0/OpenAlpha if you want to play Nevada (until the Black Sea map is upgraded and added to 2.0).

If you play only Single Player, then you could delete release branch and keep OpenBeta, as that normally recieves the updates first. Obviously it's a beta branch designed for testing, so an update might break things (it's happened in the past, but hey, it's a test branch). Stick to release branch if you want stability.

Edited by Buzzles