VEAO Update - May 2017

Your sincere apology and willingness to give back to the community is much appreciated VEAO. It is because of this good business decision I will continue to hold onto my key and leave the money in your hands to further the production of the P-40.

Your dedication to your customers proves to me you are willing to make sacrifices to carry on and still push out a great product. Good luck with this endeavor and I look forward to flying your future modules. Thanks again for the update and generosity.

Regards

Robert

Dear VEAO Customers,

I am writing to you to keep you informed about the Hawk and P-40F development programs for DCS World.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Chris Ellis

Director

Good decision.

Good luck and see you in 2.5 :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are conflicting messages in VEAO's communication: While they are updating the community about the release date which shows professionalism and responsibility, they are blaming the delay mostly on "ED's updates" which almost completely negates the first message and tells you "any new release date we give you is worthless because we are able to get stuck with trivial looking (based on comparison with other devs) problems any moment". I am OK with a dev being slow but this is more like "indifference to unpredictability". In any case, despite the PR shortcoming I am looking forward to any product VEAO will come up with. They have been on a slow trajectory but it is in the right direction.

There are conflicting messages in VEAO's communication: While they are updating the community about the release date which shows professionalism and responsibility, they are blaming the delay mostly on "ED's updates" which almost completely negates the first message and tells you "any new release date we give you is worthless because we are able to get stuck with trivial looking (based on comparison with other devs) problems any moment". I am OK with a dev being slow but this is more like "indifference to unpredictability". In any case, despite the PR shortcoming I am looking forward to any product VEAO will come up with. They have been on a slow trajectory but it is in the right direction.

From what I've come to understand of the Hawk across the last couple of years is, that the aircraft is coded somewhat differently (that is, more accurately looking at mathematical values) than most other aircraft. What this means according to all the explanations and insights given to us, is that the Hawk is more dependent on ED's code than other modules. Due to the accuracy it also suffers most probably from rounding errors or controller-jitter (as is the case with many Saitek products with the Hawk) etc. I do not believe VEAO is blaming ED's code. Rather, they are repeatedly pointing on the main issue causing them challenges and additional work, because we seem not to remember the explanation any time it is given to us... like we didn't believe the explanation.

In this regard I find it hard to compare the Hawk to other modules. Comparing *feels* easy, and fair as the aircraft is one of the simplest aircraft to the user. But what seems to be under the hood is something else.

Taking all that into mind at least I made a decision not to compare modules to each other as harshly as I'd perhaps urge to. Not everything meets the eye.

You could call this a coping method for having to wait years for a trainer to be completed. I guess I wouldn't disagree all that much.

Edited by MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• 4 weeks later...

never bought any of our modules, but this sounds right ok.!

good luck with everything !! Other 3rd devs has nothing to do with VEAO.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10