F-18E SuperHornet Lock-on 1.2? or 2.0?

Hi,

Apart for consideration that the Mig-29 series upgrade can be a possible futur add-on, what i would want is the F-18E playable to complement the F-15 and A-10, what do you guys think?

It's a possibility or not?

Best Regards.

N-Rafale-1.jpg

The Rafale in all its splendour, a fabulous bird!

MSI-7025/Thermaltake Sviking Tower/550 PPU Antek/AMD 4200+ X2/1 Gig Ram Corsair XMS/ATI Radeon X800XT/20" LCD Samsung Syncmaster 204b/Zalman Headphone 6speakers/Saitek X52/Logitech double infrared/250HD 16megs SATA/80HD 8megs PATA

• ED Team

Ok. You give me a complete avionics description. Then we will see... ;) And... don't forget about DFCS description.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Tovan, let me explain it to you a little more clearly. ED has said they can't model an F/A-18 without all the manuals, specifically, the tactical manual. The US Navy isn't allowing Tactical manuals to go public. The community has been asking for a Hornet for quite some time. They have stated that they have all the data for the F-15, but they've only modeled a fraction of the avionics in the F-15.

Olgerd but wouldn't you like to make F-18 flyable in your sim as so many are asking for it? So what some parts of it would not be completely realistic but left only to guess. We believe that you can do it close to how the real thing would be :)

Same with F-14

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Ok. You give me a complete avionics description. Then we will see... ;) And... don't forget about DFCS description.

Is Matt considered to be a consultant of ED, Olgerd? If so...didn't he have a team of developers that created Janes F-18?? Based on the superhornet??

If that is to be true is it possible to use some of that data they had on that project to make the F-18 for Lock On?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I can sort of provide an answer to that, as described previously by Wags.

Jane's had 'unique' access to knowledge about the superbug, to the point where some things were apparently not modelled so as to maintain secrecy. ED isn't going to get any of that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

We are constantly getting something new for various aircrafts. Rescently we was able to obtain the complete symbology description for very rescent F/A-18A/B versions. F/A-18C/D (and especially F/A-18E/F) is still a problem in some aspects. Fortunately TAC-series is not only possible official source for symbology and avionics descriptions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

We are constantly getting something new for various aircrafts...

Hey Olgerd...what about F-4E (or F, J,) and others "old" planes like Mig-21...they are still classified??

I love the Phantom, and i think is a perfect chosen for Lomac's scenario!!

Tnk's in advance!

Bye

Phant

AMVI

I'd love to see the Super Hornet available as AI. As a flyable though? Not in this decade.

Is that an official statement or is this just your opinion?

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Hey Olgerd...what about F-4E (or F, J,) and others "old" planes like Mig-21...they are still classified??

Since the F-4E is a USAF plane, I guess there should be unclassified references available to it. I seem to remember that someone from ED once said they could partialy reproduce the HARM employment ( for the F-16C ) from the F-4G manual (?).

I agree, a Phantom sim would absolutely rock ! And I bet there are no reference problems with older soviet aircraft like the MiG-23, MiG-27 or Su-17. The reference situation seems to be a major problem for the simulation of current aircraft to EDs new standart. One possible solution for this problem I see in the shift of the timeframe back to the 70s/80s era.

I've always liked the idea to oppose two fighters of one generation. For me the perfect flight sim serie would be F-86vs. MiG-15(Korea), F-4vs. MiG-19/21(Vietnam, Mid east), F-15A/F-16Avs. MiG-21bis/MiG-23MF/ML/MLD(Arab-Israeli war), F-16C block 25 vs. MiG-29A etc. the examples could vary as I didn't mention planes like Mirage III/V.

Since I'm not a flight sim developper nor publisher but just an ordinary customer I can only support what ED does because I've always enjoyed what they are comming up. Lock-On is their first attempt to face planes from one generation representatives of the leading countries. I expect this to be one of the main lines in their new titles.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Thing I won't like to see in future ED product, is the removal of current flyable planes "because they won't meet new standards". :(

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Thing I won't like to see in future ED product, is the removal of current flyable planes "because they won't meet new standards". :(

Yes, the MiG-29K loss in Lock-On is a step back for many, including myself.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Well considering thet the Mig-29S was upgraded with a cloaking device and 2 second warning R-77 proton torpedoes, I dont think you had such a big loss as that. ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Well considering thet the Mig-29S was upgraded with a cloaking device and 2 second warning R-77 proton torpedoes, I dont think you had such a big loss as that. ;)

Think again;)

=RvE=

We are constantly getting something new for various aircrafts. Rescently we was able to obtain the complete symbology description for very rescent F/A-18A/B versions. F/A-18C/D (and especially F/A-18E/F) is still a problem in some aspects. Fortunately TAC-series is not only possible official source for symbology and avionics descriptions.

Ok but as said earlier why not just make some guesses about the information that you don't have? Is it so important to create a 110% realistic Hornet? I mean this ain't a simulator for the army but for the casual gamer. We just want to be able to take off from carriers, launch lgbs and harpoons while doing some A-A stuff, etc. I don't think people would mind if they didn't have the exact same lines and numbers in the MFDs as in real life. As long as you can fire missiles and drop the bombs on target in a kind of "realistic" manner.

Except ED's policy right now appears to be 'realism' and things are slowly being geared to be as realistic as possible. So 'guesses' aren't good if you have to make -too- many. Obviously you can't guess everything.

Furthermore, what is the point of ED developing detailed FM and Avionics code if they're just going to guess everything and not make it realistic? Wasted work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Except ED's policy right now appears to be 'realism' and things are slowly being geared to be as realistic as possible. So 'guesses' aren't good if you have to make -too- many. Obviously you can't guess everything.

Furthermore, what is the point of ED developing detailed FM and Avionics code if they're just going to guess everything and not make it realistic? Wasted work!

I think the F/A-18 would be a great addon for a future sim, realistic carrier ops on western carriers would be quite cool. I still think its possible to make one and in the areas that information is not available use the F-16s stuff to fill the gap until that info becomes available and then when that happens change it with a patch. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Well, they could make patches to rectify "guesses" as new information becomes available. In the meantime, I'm sure that many people would enjoy an F/A-18C, even if it is not fully realistic. Hell, the current F-15C is not fully realistic either, namely it's radar.

sigzk5.jpg