master arm toggle switch ?

FZG_Immel

After last update I lost one of my control.

I had found on this forum a line of code to have a master arm toggle that would work in direct X with my warthog. Cannot find it anymore..

basically moving the switch up would switch master arm on on and it would stay so until the switch was brought back, and then master arm OFF...

Somebody has it ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Thanks,

Not looking for a target script. I don't want to program anything in target. I used switches as direct x imput.

It was a modification of the D.C.s file that added a new control in the D.C.s control menu that made the switch go up and down in conjunction with the switch on the warthog-

It was actually a line of code.

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I am getting _backup.000 , _backup.001 folders in my DCS main folder.

Each seem to contain backups of the binding files I have customised and the updater seem to make a new one for each update.

check in the file structure there and I think it should be there.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

I am getting _backup.000 , _backup.001 folders in my DCS main folder.

Each seem to contain backups of the binding files I have customised and the updater seem to make a new one for each update.

check in the file structure there and I think it should be there.

That would be great. Let me check.

Thanks !

nah, can't find it there.

where is stored the files with all available key input for the F/A-18C ? thats the file I modified, but I cannot even find it.

look, the refueling probe key, works as intended... flip the switch up and it extract. flip the switch down and it extracts.

the Master Arm doesnt work that day.. when you flip the switch up, it goes ARM, but when you flip the switch down nothing happens.

You need another complete cycle of the switch to go master arm OFF

it's that file that I need to modify. But damn I cannot even find it anymore.

any idea where it is ?

Ok, I found the file :

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\keyboard\default.lua

now to edit it with the correct line. Damn I I cannot find that line again

Now I remember, it was a line of code to add in the 'Special for Joystick' Category.

Master arm is absent there from default

Basically this is what i need, but for the master arm :

this one is the special for joystick command for the probe

{ down = fuel_commands.ProbeControlSw, up = fuel_commands.ProbeControlSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Probe Control Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

I tried devising my own for the master arm, but it doesnt work. Damnit, Im sure I found it on this forum originally

{ down = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, up = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Master Arm Switch - ARM/SAFE'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Master Arm Panel')}},

this sums up what im trying to do, but I am unable to do it for the master arm of the hornet.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226&highlight=Special+Joystick

This is how I did it:

{down = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, up = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, value_down =  1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Master Arm Switch 2-Pos ARM/SAFE'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Master Arm Panel')}},

Works just fine.

I'm struggling to understand why the code in your post #9 doesn't work.

I got it: You used the same name as the existing toggle command. You must use a new name!

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

These are all additions I made to-date:

{down = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, up = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, value_down =  1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Master Arm Switch 2-Pos ARM/SAFE'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Master Arm Panel')}},
{down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_EXTERIOR_LIGTHS, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_EXTERIOR_LIGTHS,    cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_down =  1.0, value_up = 0.0,    name = _('Exterior Lights 2-Pos ONOFF'), category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},
{down = iCommandPlaneGearUp, up = iCommandPlaneGearDown, name = _('Landing Gear Control Handle 2-Pos UP/DOWN'),    category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{down = gear_commands.HookHandle, up = gear_commands.HookHandle, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Arresting Hook Handle 2-Pos UP/DOWN'), category = {_('Right Vertical Panel')}},
{down = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, up = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.HUD,    value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Altitude Switch 2-Pos BARO/RADAR'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('HUD Control Panel')}},
{down = cpt_commands.CanopySwitchClose, up = cpt_commands.CanopySwitchOpen, cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_MECHANICS, value_down =  -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Canopy Control Switch 2-Pos OPEN/CLOSE'), category = {_('Right Wall'), _('Systems')}},
{down = oxygen_commands.OBOGS_ControlSw, up = oxygen_commands.OBOGS_ControlSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.OXYGEN_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0,    value_up = 0.0,    name = _('OBOGS Control Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Console')}},
{down = cptlights_commands.HookBypass, up = cptlights_commands.HookBypass,    cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_LIGTHS,    value_down =  -1.0,    value_up = 1.0,    name = _('Hook Bypass 2-Pos Switch CARRIER/FIELD/CARRIER'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{down = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw, up = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down =  -1.0, value_up = 1.0,    name = _('Launch Bar Control 2-Pos Switch RETRACT/EXTEND'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

This is how I did it:

Works just fine.

I'm struggling to understand why the code in your post #9 doesn't work.

I got it: You used the same name as the existing toggle command. You must use a new name!

I have a lighted toggle switch (with safety cover) mounted to my desktop/pit. I use this for my Master Arm switch and couldn't figure out how to make it work as intended, until I saw your post. Now I'll try to replicate this for the other two switches and assign them to AA and AG.

THANKS!thumbup.gif

edit: just realized the AA/AG are push buttons, not toggle switches. They're already coded for two pushes.

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

{down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_EXTERIOR_LIGTHS, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_EXTERIOR_LIGTHS,    cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_down =  1.0, value_up = 0.0,    name = _('Exterior Lights 2-Pos ONOFF'), category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},
{down = iCommandPlaneGearUp, up = iCommandPlaneGearDown, name = _('Landing Gear Control Handle 2-Pos UP/DOWN'),    category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{down = gear_commands.HookHandle, up = gear_commands.HookHandle, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Arresting Hook Handle 2-Pos UP/DOWN'), category = {_('Right Vertical Panel')}},
{down = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, up = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.HUD,    value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Altitude Switch 2-Pos BARO/RADAR'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('HUD Control Panel')}},
{down = cpt_commands.CanopySwitchClose, up = cpt_commands.CanopySwitchOpen, cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_MECHANICS, value_down =  -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Canopy Control Switch 2-Pos OPEN/CLOSE'), category = {_('Right Wall'), _('Systems')}},
{down = oxygen_commands.OBOGS_ControlSw, up = oxygen_commands.OBOGS_ControlSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.OXYGEN_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0,    value_up = 0.0,    name = _('OBOGS Control Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Console')}},
{down = cptlights_commands.HookBypass, up = cptlights_commands.HookBypass,    cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_LIGTHS,    value_down =  -1.0,    value_up = 1.0,    name = _('Hook Bypass 2-Pos Switch CARRIER/FIELD/CARRIER'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{down = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw, up = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down =  -1.0, value_up = 1.0,    name = _('Launch Bar Control 2-Pos Switch RETRACT/EXTEND'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},

after the new update, I cannot use this anymore ?

same for you =?

they appear in the control menu but I cannot affect any switch or button or key to them

Edited by FZG_Immel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

after the latest update these don't work anymore. Any idea why ?

NEVERMIND: I just had to reaffect the controls

Edited by FZG_Immel