Hall Effect Sensors for DIY Collective

After creating an Arduino button box, I am exploring the possibility of making a DIY collective. I have found lots of posts where show mechanically what they do, but I still have a couple of questions.

1. Does anyone have any recommendations on good hall effect sensors?

2. What kind of magnets do people use?

Thanks!

Edited by PhoenixRising

Easy to use (is like a potentiometer): Bi-Tech 6120 series - get the model whose "effective electrical angle" is closer to your collective's movement (degrees).

Example: 6127V1A60L.5

The "60" near end of model code means 60º of "effective electrical angle". See in datasheet other degree options available.

For magnet search "neodymium ring magnets diametrically magnetized".

Edited by Sokol1_br

For use with Arduino PRO Micro/Micro/Teensy 2.0/++2.0 and MMjoy2 firmware, can use TLE5010 sensor, that you find assembled in PCB, read to use, in Aliexpress..

Other option, look in Rel4y topic the about sensors he sell, or in GVL224 topics for "MagREZ" sensor. Both cost around $10.

If want the cheap option possible ($1-2), but a bit PITA for centralize sensor relative do magnetic field, get:

Honeyweel SS495A1

Allegro A-1324 LUAT

Edited by Sokol1_br

• 1 month later...

I am finally almost done with my collective. The TLE5010 sensors work great. I cannot believe the difference between using a collective and my Warthog throttle. My helicopter ability improved significantly overnight.

Thanks for everyone who helped! If it weren't for the creative people on this form, it would have never occurred to me to even attempt such a thing, much less believe I could actually create something that works.

Nice implementation ! Where is the magnet mounted ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 2 years later...

I had a question about this in another thread. Here is an updated picture. I got a 3d printer, so I printed a new head. I am tempted to shorten the arm slightly and reduce it's angle a little more, but it is currently working, and that is a big plus when it comes to using it. c9f9e16ebee2c5789ee5cc7766842d74.jpg

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk