A-10C Tactical Training Qualification Campaign

Sabre-TLA

Hi Sabre, I have been enjoying all yours Campaign, but the TAC13, I think you messed up!!

The targets does not appears in the TGP, when appears I say "Contact", but the JTAC answer friendly, I turned on the labels and the enemy are there!

there are two pictures attached. The TGP shows 2 APC, but Jtac said that they are friendly, in the other picture you can see the red labels..

Advices are welcome!

It's a known game engine bug - nothing we can do about it in the mission.

The JTAC will sometimes indicate enemy as friendly because they are too close to the blue units.

You still need to kill the 3 APCs at this target to succeed (2 static and 1 moving). But don't kill the blue units (hint hint). ;-)

Here is the video for this mission:

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Yep it's been around for a long time.

Also watch if you use a Mav on the 3rd APC target. It's moving and if it gets too close to the friendlies when you hit it with the Mav the splash damage will hit them and you will hear the dreaded "Blue on Blue"!

We recommend GUNS only when friendlies are real close to the targets.

You will need to assess where the friendlies are in relation to all the other targets in this mission and decide if you agree with what the JTAC is asking for or not. Use the practice mission to learn the splash damage impacts.

Good luck!

Likely you didn't get to the targets quick enough. There is a SAM, and ZSU in the area and then other targets coming along the road from the North.

Target the SAM first as it's the most immediate threat, then the ZSU and then check the road.

If you take too long then they will get into the range of the Chevy Medevac and shoot it down.

• 2 weeks later...

When you gave the attack order did you specify the weapon to use as well?

If you are very specific they should attack with the weapon you tell them to use.

You also need to keep track of what they have used so that you don't give them an order with a weapon they no longer have.

Most wingman attacks can take some time as they will fly away from the target to line up on it for their attack run.

• 1 month later...

Can someone please explain exactly how to complete TAC20? I've flown it 12 times now and it never gives me a score after I've landed.

All listed objectives are met (cleared Boar, Springfield, and Pontiac to their targets), successfully destroyed all requested CAS targets, successfully cleared in the gunship and all gunship targets destroyed, I get to the end of vul time and he tells me I'm clear to RTB, I fence out, check out, RTB, land, and park... and nothing.

Please help.

Try this link to my tac view recording of my run. Hope it helps.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aknk7ypReuhpivtq1sAT_I6t6HKNww

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Sorry, I guess I don't understand Tacview enough to get the needed information from your file. All I see is you and your wingmen flying around, engaging targets, then landing, but I still don't understand how to complete the mission if I've done everything I'm supposed to do.

Any simpler help?

Post a trk file and we can review it.

Does it happen in the practice mission? The triggers are nearly the same. You do have to hit the waypoints (Alpha, Bravo and Charlie) as per the flight plan.

Sometimes the triggers get corrupted so a DCS Repair or an uninstall/reinstall of the campaign has helped others when triggers have failed.

Will retest and see if we can reproduce the problem.

Post a trk file and we can review it.

Does it happen in the practice mission? The triggers are nearly the same. You do have to hit the waypoints (Alpha, Bravo and Charlie) as per the flight plan.

Sometimes the triggers get corrupted so a DCS Repair or an uninstall/reinstall of the campaign has helped others when triggers have failed.

Will retest and see if we can reproduce the problem.

What do you mean by practice mission?

I fly the mission as briefed, navigate to the waypoints, clear the other flights and the gunship to attack their targets, he tells me my vul time is over and that I'm cleared to RTB, I land, and nothing.

See this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190558

You open them within the mission editor and have in-air starts so you can get some practice in before trying the campaign missions.

Unfortunately without a trk file it's hard to tell why it's not working for you.

Did you try the DCS Repair?

When you park and shutdown are you turning off the battery? What's the last voice over you recall hearing?

Edited by Sabre-TLA

• 2 months later...

I've flown TAC24 Night CSAR dozens of times now and Chevy gets hit every time which fails the mission. Could someone please explain how to keep Chevy safe?

I fly to the target area and eliminate the SAMS and everything else in the area, but as soon as I send in Chevy and they land near the pilot on the ground, six SAMS and AAA emerge out of nowhere and immediately fire on Chevy ending the mission.

They aren't there before Chevy lands, they only become visible afterwards. I know exactly where they're going to appear, but even still there's nothing I can do because they immediately fire on Chevy.

What am I missing?

I've flown TAC24 Night CSAR dozens of times now and Chevy gets hit every time which fails the mission. Could someone please explain how to keep Chevy safe?

I fly to the target area and eliminate the SAMS and everything else in the area, but as soon as I send in Chevy and they land near the pilot on the ground, six SAMS and AAA emerge out of nowhere and immediately fire on Chevy ending the mission.

They aren't there before Chevy lands, they only become visible afterwards. I know exactly where they're going to appear, but even still there's nothing I can do because they immediately fire on Chevy.

What am I missing?

Lucky break but that is one I recorded. By no means a tutorial or even a specific answer, but here is how it went for me :

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Authenticating the pilot is the problem then because I never get the option to do so. What's the trigger to make that option available? I've hit all the waypoints, anchored my flight, heard the wizard call, and eliminated the SAMs, but there's nothing after that and no F10 options.

You have to continue to monitor on guard (which means switching between 243 - Guard and 251 to talk to your flight).

When the downed pilot gets to the pickup point and your radio is on Guard you should hear

"DODGE 1-1 AT ARCO!"

Then the FE will give you some instructions to start the authentication.

The F10 radio menus will appear after that dialogue.

It could be that a recent game engine update has now stopped the downed pilot from making it to the pickup point. We will retest to see if we can reproduce the issue.

I also suggest you try the practice missions as they start in the air close to the range. That will save the lengthy start-up and flight if you run into problems. The triggers are nearly identical between the practice and qual missions.

Well, I feel dumb. I never realized that I had to switch back to guard after communicating with my flight.

Mission easily completed after switching back in order to hear Dodge 1-1 at Arco and then performing the authentication.

Thanks Sabre.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a fairly large convoy on the road so the easiest way is to get your TGP pointed at the road just north of Tabakhmela and follow it north.

Use the IR mode to better spot the vehicles (either white hot or black hot).

You could also try a low level pass in that area and see if you get any AAA or SAMs (but that's more risky than surveying the road from higher altitude).