Warthog HOTAS keybinds

I have changed it up significantly since I read all these posts.

I now have 3 different kinds of brakes working.

1. A button to HOLD for applying which when let go releases the brakes. S3 button

2. A switch (Pinky)PSF & PSB that when thrown on HOLDS the brakes on full and turns on all LED lights and the backlight to warn that the "w" is held down. The lights go off and the W lets go any time the brakes are touched by the S3 or the Pinky switch is moved back to neutral or back and when the canopy is closed it automatically pulses the W to shut it and the lights off as well. Lights are controlled by S3 and or the pinky switch.

3. Toe brakes.

Edit: 4 Increase brakes a bit and decrease are also mapped to buttons.

The rest is self explanatory. If there is an I in front then the lever is held at the same time.

I am going to try to upload the pics and the single .fcf Spit file for your perusal for ideas and how to. Your key bindings will not match but one could look in the file using the Target software.

In the end I find using the joystick Button which is under the flap lever in my case and not the flap lever, seems to be the better way to go. I use pedals as well (analog) and the pseudo work around parking brake I devised in this script. The button/lever seems to be the best and so I would definitely not say someone using pedals is cheating. I have a lot of time on pedals and two missions with the button and I am better at taxiing with the brakes.

The DCS Spitfire.fcf file is in the .zip if you are interested.

edit:New edit fixed guns so pics are not totally accurate. One can print the template in Target GUI by opening the DCS Spitfire FCS there. Keybindings are not stock.

NEVER use Ctl and c in the same string ever even if it is something like ctl-shift-c as in keybindings.

Ctl_c being the old DOS break command that is still in use in the depths.

If you are using ctl as a modifier or part of a keybind never use c with it.

It took me minutes to figure it out. Being old and DOS literate finally came in handy. lol.

Moving on to the 109. This one will do with possibilities of even doubling the number of key presses so far. Target. Never look back.

DCS_Spitfire_04_26_2018_3.zip

TMWartJoy.thumb.jpg.246a2a2f10e6a449736818ba32e8bed3.jpg

TMWartThrottletop.thumb.jpg.b108575d0f0aa4aeec13fc769378961c.jpg

TMWartThrottlebottom.jpg.44aee887bdccae9fb17d3db6c4d583f6.jpg

T.16000M.jpg.cedb7a68026976afd065e73cbafc0613.jpg

Edited by DeepDrummer
fixed a few things better.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

I now apply brakes 4 different ways

1. Hold the grey button behind the lever on the joystick (hold). It applies and lets go.

It is the easiest and best way other than an analog Lever which we don't have. So stop whining about cheaters and toe brakes.

It is not the best method as I have just recently found.

2. Toe brakes. Old habits die hard and occasionally I use them. No apologies. It's my deal.

3. I set one switch to PRESS the w key constantly until told to release it by moving the switch back. (think wheel chocks).

4. I set a button to increase brakes a bit and the same button on an i shifted layer to decrease brakes a bit.

I spent the day making LEDs work using only the Taget GUI which will not do everything but it does all I need so far.

Make a copy of your script first. I had to revert to a 2 day old copy and I had to spend an hour getting my proper entries back. Back up first and often to different names.

I made a quick video (45 minutes) to show how to set up the 5 LEDs for the TM wartog.

Disclaimer: I am a basket case with a very bad memory so the commentary is not quite right at times. Regardless there is a lot of good information on how to use the Target GUI to get some LEDs working.

DO not set up the backlight this way using the GUI. It requires more scripting by hand.

DO NOT hit the intensity button which the GUI only writes code for the backlight and both the script manual mention that if you use a release the backlight using the GUI it causes trouble. in the GUI for the backlight it may mess things up.

Comments in the video are disabled to avoid the "tube" ragers, complainers, hackers and trolls.

I believe I had to do some trouble shooting in the last 20 minutes or so which is educational for sure. All LEDs worked properly in the end.

I did another video to prove the concept in flight but my other cam battery died so it doesn't show my controllers. Oh well. It was a nice flight and I may upload that as well but I won't link to it here. How-to LED, click below.

https://youtu.be/XAzsKdiRhXw

Edited by DeepDrummer
more info

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

I decided to chain together 7 pulses for the Brake increase and 7 pulses for the brake decrease to apply the brakes on full and hold them there.

No buttons end up in the Pressed on and held that way which eliminates some conflicts. Led1 is on while applied or if the switch is left forward and off when released. Pics attached of the GUI and Code.

1646743688_brakechain.png.e43f6f2b6cc0f0996302e09e4b5d8fc2.png

Chaincode.png.22698f4b18190b6c9ec25fa148dae716.png