Red Flag Rumble - Mig21 vs F5 - Round 3 - NO RESTRICTIONS(A2A)

Thanks for hosting.

But we need more MiG pilots next time, the sides were woefully unbalanced from the start, though that wasn't too much of a problem to begin with as MiG team felt stronk but getting tk'd after working so hard to get a good position on a bandits 6 made it feel worse.

Looking forward to the next one. :thumbup:

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I'm very sorry comrade Frostie because you see I was so desperate to help I did not think before flying.

Thanks for hosting.

But we need more MiG pilots next time, the sides were woefully unbalanced from the start, though that wasn't too much of a problem to begin with as MiG team felt stronk but getting tk'd after working so hard to get a good position on a bandits 6 made it feel worse.

Looking forward to the next one. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would have loved to help the Migs out in my smoerebroed carrier [Viggen].

It has even with bombs, rockets or rb05 only big advantages for A2G but would not create a huge imbalance due to the limited target amount one can take per run.

In a2a its also capable to challenge the Mig as well as the F5 and tbh for spotting purposes the mapping radar is pretty good as well since basically all the action happens low.

IIRC the MIG21 had now not enough pilots two times in a row, how about running the Viggen on the MIG side next round ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Becomes too unbalanced probably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well as soon as you throw mavericks into the mix for sure. But with RB05s, unguided rockets and bombs only, basically an 1970 AJS37, I think its a different story.

You can basically just take out one target per flight, which one can do in a pretty hard to counter way, unless the other side gets BARCAP up, but apart from that the Viggen is mainly fast and has only rear aspect only missiles and pretty bad backwards visibility and no integrated gun nor CM dispensers.

I mean in the grudge match the faction with the Viggen reinforcement still lost.

Main strength of the Viggen without PGM would basically be blind attack, with the limitation of 1 target per run. Personally I think the tradeoff would be preventing unbalance but then again not sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Frostie! Being the teamplayer you describe that really means a lot for me, and I do not fear to try Red Flag Rumble next month. (Some people are wierd like that. Its "old-minded" and called Honor :doh: )

No problem Tello it happens, I know you're always a great team player. :thumbup:

Here have some "Ø's" next time SmørreBrød comes to your mind. might save you a bit.....

I was maybe the most unexperience pilot in the event and I did not see/feel/spot any imbalance so why the proposals ? If it aint broke, why fix it ? :D

Lets remember what destroyed BF and not go that path :)

I would have loved to help the Migs out in my smoerebroed carrier [Viggen].

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Frostie! Being the teamplayer you describe that really means a lot for me, and I do not fear to try Red Flag Rumble next month. (Some people are wierd like that. Its "old-minded" and called Honor :doh: )

Here have some "Ø's" next time SmørreBrød comes to your mind. might save you a bit.....

I was maybe the most unexperience pilot in the event and I did not see/feel/spot any imbalance so why the proposals ? If it aint broke, why fix it ? :D

Lets remember what destroyed BF and not go that path :)

:D I am not asking for balance, I am just asking for Viggens, since they are timeslot wise and capabitly wise in the according time frame fitting. And since MIG21 had trouble the last two signups with getting enough slots if my memory serves me well, I suggested to put it on that side. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As always, some fantastic fun! Thanks for hosting, 104th! Other than the AWACS and the weird AIM-9 no-tone thing for about 15 minutes, you guys pulled it off without a hitch. By DCS standards, totally pain free.

In the future can we get an F-5 skin to match the MiG-21s? We had that mottled blue aggressors skin which is very attractive no doubt, but the MiGs had that Soviet brown/olive drab scheme which actually worked for low level camouflage. Very difficult to spot them, I suspect it was far easier to spot us. The Vietnam-era F-5 skin would've been much more appropriate.

Whoops the airbrake was still out...

Nice video tiger with great live commentary.

This was the first time I anticipated an event like this. What i enjoyed was the kindness, patience and the on point schedule. 3 F5 zippen through a valley in the other direction looks awesome.

Communication in my flight was good too.

Thanks to the 104th to host and organize this event.

Some things that can be improved in my opinion:

Using SRS (maybe not so helpful in f5 and mig) to at least know what others are doing with multiple frequencies.

At least a fac/gci who can see planes of his own site to organize attacks or iff.

Maybe put the ground attack in a slightly more important role. Su25/a10a/viggen?

The ground units were too strong in this mission. In f5 you are lucky if you can kill 2 shilkas without rearming but the tanks are very hard to destroy.

But these things didn't degrade the experience.

Keep it up guys!

Was great fun! Lacked some teamwork on the red side in my opinion.

The MiG-15 vs F-86 would be great!

A Hawk vs L-39 tournament sounds interesting. We could maybe at least add those modules to the next MiG-21 vs F-5 tournament?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Great event! Well done to all!!

104th_Tiger graciously allowed me to use some of his twitch stream from the event to splice in the REDFOR's comms during our (my/F99th's) flight and first engagement.

Enjoy:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

Was great fun! Lacked some teamwork on the red side in my opinion.

The MiG-15 vs F-86 would be great!

A Hawk vs L-39 tournament sounds interesting. We could maybe at least add those modules to the next MiG-21 vs F-5 tournament?

This needs to be a thing F-86 vs Mig 15.