Rift and Odyssey, Tried Both

sze5003

I've been using it now for more than a few weeks. Performance in dcs can be a bit jittery with msaa on. With msa off and pixel density of 1.5, it's smooth. This is with deferred shading on too.

Dcs still has work to do on deferred shading and msaa.

I also play elite dangerous and that runs smoothly on ultra VR quality preset, msaa, and no jitter, it's very smooth. So its not that the headset or my PC is performing poorly, it's only the case with dcs.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I've been using it now for more than a few weeks. Performance in dcs can be a bit jittery with msaa on. With msa off and pixel density of 1.5, it's smooth. This is with deferred shading on too.

Dcs still has work to do on deferred shading and msaa.

I also play elite dangerous and that runs smoothly on ultra VR quality preset, msaa, and no jitter, it's very smooth. So its not that the headset or my PC is performing poorly, it's only the case with dcs.

I don't see any benefit to having MSAA on from inside the headset, just leave it off and play smoothly? I don't think ED intended for you to have both deferred shading AND MSAA on - they aren't playing well together at all, it's an either / or situation.

I don't see any benefit to having MSAA on from inside the headset, just leave it off and play smoothly? I don't think ED intended for you to have both deferred shading AND MSAA on - they aren't playing well together at all, it's an either / or situation.
I think you are right about the either or situation here. Although with 2x msaa the world pops out a bit more. The sun rays reflect off the ground nicely and for example the grass/ground stands out more, even from altitude. For now I've left it off to reduce head movement jitter. That's the only thing it affects and obviously pretty strenous on your system resources. If they ever resolve it, would be nice.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I played with the settings quite a bit with the release of 2.5. I felt like I got better results with MSAA than with pixel density (with deferred shading enabled). I try to run at MSAA x4, but if frame rates get to low, I can live with MSAA x2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I played with the settings quite a bit with the release of 2.5. I felt like I got better results with MSAA than with pixel density (with deferred shading enabled). I try to run at MSAA x4, but if frame rates get to low, I can live with MSAA x2.
In 2.5.1 deferred shading is on by default. I kept all my settings the same and renabled msa x2..pixel density of 1.5. There is less jitter and black dragging when moving your head fast side to side.

Do you mind sharing your settings? I feel like using pixel density of 1.4 may remove the jitter on head movement, I just haven't tried it yet.