Bugs and Problems

baltic_dragon

Mission 11, Ai stuck on pan

Aircraft two in front of me (Colt3-1) gets stuck on pan while first 2 take off) sometimes i have enough room to get around him and colt3-2 but usually im screwed wthout going full Dirt Rally around em.

Sucks because I also have two fewer pieces of missile fodder.

Edit: Sometime he does follow on after the first aircraft reports wheels up.

Edited by Hovis

Sorry to hear about that problem.. are you staying far away from him all the time? The AI panics when player gets too close and freezes on the ground sometimes...

No, it's regular occurence, 3-1 holds on taxi way, 3-2 stop 10m behind him. Doesnt matter when I stop, then 3-1 move forward 10m ish then stops (and stays) 3-2 doesn't move until 3-1 continues to take the active (rare)

• 3 weeks later...

In mission 7 I'm experiencing very weird bugs, possibly due to events not triggering (?)

Sometimes Berger01 doesn't do anything at all when I reach WP2, then flying to WP 3 and 4 and then back 3-2 nothing happens.

One time, I did have the event trigger, where I had to bomb an APC and call in the helicopter, and everything seemed to go right, but then when I was landing, my wingman crashed and after parking in the designated spot, the mission didn't complete.

Just for clarity: I keep my red radio in chanel 1 and green in chanel 3 after takeoff.

Not sure if it is a bug, or whether I'm not flying to the correct places or something...?

There may be several reasons. One of them is the AI stupidity, another one possible bug with AI speeds that has been in for some time (still not fully addressed). Make sure that you do a full INS alignment and that you follow all the waypoints and flight plan.. the campaign will get a big overhaul for the new Caucasus map anyway so I hope by then all bugs will get fixed.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

There may be several reasons. One of them is the AI stupidity, another one possible bug with AI speeds that has been in for some time (still not fully addressed). Make sure that you do a full INS alignment and that you follow all the waypoints and flight plan.. the campaign will get a big overhaul for the new Caucasus map anyway so I hope by then all bugs will get fixed.

Thanks for your reply, I am doing full alignment, but it seems the game doesn't notice me passing a waypoint.

How sensitive is the altitude requirement for the waypoints to be noticed?

If the flightplan says 15000 feet, and I pass at 16000, is that a problem?

• 5 months later...

Hi BD, mission 4 (in 2.5 and 1.5.8), when starting the engine, the wheels retract and I end up on the deck!! Known bug? I've tried it 16 times now with different checks and happens each time it seems to be when the throttle is advanced beyond 18 on the gauge. Not had a problem on the other prior missions. Can you take a look please

Untitled.jpg.0b42c4e7a1034711358233632fd82d7d.jpg

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hi BD, mission 4 (in 2.5 and 1.5.8), when starting the engine, the wheels retract and I end up on the deck!! Known bug? I've tried it 16 times now with different checks and happens each time it seems to be when the throttle is advanced beyond 18 on the gauge. Not had a problem on the other prior missions. Can you take a look please

Doesn't seem like a campaign issue to me (actually, I wouldn't know how to script such a behavior). Could you post a track or a video as it happens?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Ok, it's not the campaigns fault, any cold start does this. So the gear lever handle is in the up position for some reason and won't switch to the down position. Surely the weight on wheels sensor hasn't stopped working!?!

Which is odd because I was doing the first 3 missions yesterday without this issue!!

So clearly thats the problem but how to solve. Any ideas?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I'll post this in the relevant bug section. Something is very, very wrong with it!

Ok, it's not the campaigns fault, any cold start does this. So the gear lever handle is in the up position for some reason and won't switch to the down position. Surely the weight on wheels sensor hasn't stopped working!?!

Which is odd because I was doing the first 3 missions yesterday without this issue!!

So clearly thats the problem but how to solve. Any ideas?

Do you have the sync controls option enabled? If so, try to disable it. Have you checked the command bindings in the options? Maybe there is an unwanted assignment.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Do you have the sync controls option enabled? If so, try to disable it. Have you checked the command bindings in the options? Maybe there is an unwanted assignment.

Yes, I posted in the bugs section.

I figured it out pretty quickly - I’d forgot that I did a bind to the boat switch for wheels on my Warthog (usually I use Vaicompro). And had the boat switch forward without realising! Lol

Still, it’s fixed now. Although now I’m out for 10 days as I have to rma my Rift for sound issues. Grrr. If it’s not one thing.............:)

Edit. Sniped

Bloody user error. Grumble, grumble. Lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey vegue, I doubt it has anything to do with the campaign - though it is possible that the 2.5 version, which you probably downloaded, won't work fine with the 1.5.8.

Try the version from this link and let me know if it works.

Hi Dragon, I tried your link, but it didn't make any difference. The following link is my video.

Thanks for your reply anyway! I saw other users talking about this elsewhere. They said it also happens to A-10C in DCS World 2.2. So it's more likely a DCS World issue, rather than the module or mission.

Two very, very, very, very minor things I noticed.

1. In the ELINT mission, at the very end there are trucks parked too close to the taxiway on the left by the final parking spot. Unless the player is offset to the right, the left wing clips the trucks.

2. In the following mission (Combat Air Patrol) there is still an S-3B parked next to the runway, while the mission and the rest of the campaign already use the KC-130H.

No other problems to report so far, the 2.5 version of the campaign is running smooth as silk and looking gorgeous! :thumbup:

Another one, this time a little more bothersome in the HVACAP mission that follows those two: while taxiing, Lambert's (I think) Mirage 2000C 'freezes' on the ground as soon as the audio file about the F-117 and Type 1000 storage plays. As far as I can tell there are no objects obstructing his path, and his aircraft stops at whatever point it is when the audio file plays. I tested this twice, passing the F-117 trigger area once he was on the taxiway, then once he was on the runway, and both times he just came to a halt. Waiting it out or trying to go further/closer did nothing.

Not sure if related or not but he taxiis through Foxtrot instead of the taxiway instructed by Vaziani control, Golf.