April in the land of VEAO - Wall of text inc!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering when the livestream/video was coming? Also, I remember seeing an older video and in it was an F4F. My apologies for asking, but I just started following VEAO with this post and was wondering if it was still in the making too?

~Rob

Edit* - Would it also be possible to see the P-40F with a Med paint job?

Edited by Robert31178
Blimey I go away for a weekend and all sort of posts :lol:

I am not going to get into the "when" game with this, it's done when it's done to use an old adage.

PMAN - I don't think making condescending statements like those above helps you or your team in the slightest. What I read here personally is - "hey, stop bitching, pull your head in, wait around until we decide we get off our asses and COMMIT to anything ... which we wont, and when it's ready, which may be never, ..... ".

Any reasonably organised development team, no matter how small, should at least have some notion of a public schedule they work towards especially considering that by charging for a product, which I have bought and many others, there is a level of obligation towards their expectations.

Again I say, as before, I am and have been a very vocal supporter of the HAWK. I fly it on most multiplayer servers and I do defend the mostly negative comments I get whilst doing so. However you are not really helping your own cause by statements like the above to those who have paid for it or those considering buying it.

So my ask is - can you at least communicate a timeline you are working towards having Hawk 2.0 and what exactly Hawk 2.0 will offer in terms of systems, multi-crew etc?

This XXI century change people's sensitivity too much. Seems that we need to take soft words while we are hit hard.

To understand better better what I am trying to tell you: "it's done when it's done" is equal with "we don't know yet how long it will take". While the first expression is hitting hard verbally, the second one is letting more room of compassion - neither however will change the final result.

"Suing" everything is another disease which spread exponential in the last century and is doing more harm than good.

Having these in minds is clear VEAO don't know how to communicate so that our "up to date" sensitive souls to not be hurt. C'mon people... we might be lost 40 bucks... is that a tragedy? Do you really think VEAO are now on a sunset beach ? So.. chill out people... let them do whatever they think they have to do and not take their blunt words personally.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I was wondering when the livestream/video was coming? Also, I remember seeing an older video and in it was an F4F. My apologies for asking, but I just started following VEAO with this post and was wondering if it was still in the making too?

~Rob

Edit* - Would it also be possible to see the P-40F with a Med paint job?

My day job has been taking up more time than I'd like at the moment, I work in finance and it is very close to our years end so time is short for the next couple of weeks.

It will very likely be at a weekend sometime in the first couple of weeks of May. I will try and post a few days ahead to give everyone time to tune in. It will be on twitch though - which reminds me to setup OBS again hehe.

Re Med skin, what do you have in mind?

Pman

PMAN - I don't think making condescending statements like those above helps you or your team in the slightest. What I read here personally is - "hey, stop bitching, pull your head in, wait around until we decide we get off our asses and COMMIT to anything ... which we wont, and when it's ready, which may be never, ..... ".

Any reasonably organised development team, no matter how small, should at least have some notion of a public schedule they work towards especially considering that by charging for a product, which I have bought and many others, there is a level of obligation towards their expectations.

Again I say, as before, I am and have been a very vocal supporter of the HAWK. I fly it on most multiplayer servers and I do defend the mostly negative comments I get whilst doing so. However you are not really helping your own cause by statements like the above to those who have paid for it or those considering buying it.

So my ask is - can you at least communicate a timeline you are working towards having Hawk 2.0 and what exactly Hawk 2.0 will offer in terms of systems, multi-crew etc?

We do have internal timelines and guidelines for features, but I won't share those publicly yet. We have been bitten in the past with giving timelines to the public and if they are missed everyone gets hopes up only to be let down, as a result until its finished I won't give updates on that I am afraid.

Most of Hawk 2.0 will not be adding features, it will be re-writing and restructuring code which will fix a few fundamental bugs in the original ASM code which will clear up some long standing issues.

Pman

You did notice the emoji in the end of the first paragraph? I do believe you are getting riled up for no reason. I do not see anything offensive or condecending in PMan's post.

Text is a damn difficult way to communicqt, because meanings linked into the text by verbal and non-verbal means that are just no there in a forum post. You project your own feelings on the post and see it in such a light, not in the light that the message was meant to be understood. Comparing to PMan's previous language I have no reason to believe that his message here was in any way meant to offend anyone.

Unfortunately I feel nowadays people just get offended by anything.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

You did notice the emoji in the end of the first paragraph? I do believe you are getting riled up for no reason. I do not see anything offensive or condecending in PMan's post.

Text is a damn difficult way to communicqt, because meanings linked into the text by verbal and non-verbal means that are just no there in a forum post. You project your own feelings on the post and see it in such a light, not in the light that the message was meant to be understood. Comparing to PMan's previous language I have no reason to believe that his message here was in any way meant to offend anyone.

Unfortunately I feel nowadays people just get offended by anything.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Very much agree with this. Very surprised to see some of the bad reactions to reasonable posts on the forum. Nature of things these days I suppose, but sad all the same.

Happy landings all,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Pman,m sorry for the late response. Here's what I mean by Med P-40's:

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/tkFn2tl.jpg[/img]

2P33C4t.jpg

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/o5vCThn.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/LKzEhFC.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//i.imgur.com/4S6UsyC.jpg[/img]

There are a number of well known P-40 units that flew the F model. I know it was supposed to be a British plane, and even though they were built for the Brits most of them ended up being employed by US pilots in the Med campaign. I read that the Brits received a few hundred of the few thousand that were built for them.

Most of Hawk 2.0 will not be adding features, it will be re-writing and restructuring code which will fix a few fundamental bugs in the original ASM code which will clear up some long standing issues.

Pman

Sorry Pman but could you please answer the question of multi crew functionality?

Will HAWK 2.0 include fixing the existing code for multi crew? or are you removing it?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Pman!! I have another question, again sorry as I am just joining, but when this is released will it go up as being purchased again? I missed the train the first time around.

Yeah absolutely it will go through the normal process :thumbup:

Rock has said to me he will respond this evening about more skins :)

Pman

Sorry Pman but could you please answer the question of multi crew functionality?

Will HAWK 2.0 include fixing the existing code for multi crew? or are you removing it?

Thanks

Im guessing it will be multi crew it was before so i expect hawk to be multi crew again its just re working the code i guess.

Nice Pman... can I get a paddle for my dingy?

Im guessing it will be multi crew it was before so i expect hawk to be multi crew again its just re working the code i guess.

Just had a look back for what made me unsure before...Found this..

Hawk's base code is not compatible with multicrew and it would require probably an 80% re-write to implement multi crew for Hawk, it simply wasn't designed that way.

The amount of work required to put this into Hawk means that it is not a viable addition for Hawk so currently there are no plans to bring multicrew to Hawk.

Pman

So no there wont be multicrew which is really infuriating. :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Hawk was made before multicrew was even a thing, as I understand it. The reason it always felt cobbled together and didn't work is because it WAS cobbled together and didn't work. It was in essence a feasability test. It's not feasible. I'd much rather they prioritised getting the aircraft working properly.

As it is, the trainers themselves provide a 'simpler' introduction to an advanced systems model, giving them some value to a person who perhaps completely new to the idea. The backseater was always rather superfluous anyway. They had to buy the module and some form of flight control already, it's more effective to just fly their own plane. If they crash from inexperience they just respawn and try again from the top. (I've done the two man trainer bit a couple times, it's largely pointless)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The Hawk was made before multicrew was even a thing, as I understand it. The reason it always felt cobbled together and didn't work is because it WAS cobbled together and didn't work. It was in essence a feasability test. It's not feasible. I'd much rather they prioritised getting the aircraft working properly.

As it is, the trainers themselves provide a 'simpler' introduction to an advanced systems model, giving them some value to a person who perhaps completely new to the idea. The backseater was always rather superfluous anyway. They had to buy the module and some form of flight control already, it's more effective to just fly their own plane. If they crash from inexperience they just respawn and try again from the top. (I've done the two man trainer bit a couple times, it's largely pointless)

I agree with this.......

I'm going to use VEAO's own video to argue against this..

https://youtu.be/H3M2o_qzM8A?t=11m38s

This sold me on the HAWK and showed their intent to work on multicrew. I feel very let down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Currently no plans for multicrew in 2.0

It was never an intended feature of Hawk and was something done by a couple of members of the team as a side project. I can not see multicrew making a re-appearance at this stage.

Pman

It was never an intended feature of Hawk and was something done by a couple of members of the team as a side project. I can not see multicrew making a re-appearance at this stage.

Pman

Thanks for the answer, I wont ask for a refund as I know where I'll be told to stick it. But the HAWK is now dead to me :thumbup:

p.s. might want to take that video down..don't want anyone else getting mislead :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pman

Thanks for clarifying. I dearly hope it has not been ruled out completely. The point of the whole aircraft is, as a trainer, training. At this point even a rudimentary "dummy cockpit" rear-seat ride capability would be very beneficial. What I am wondering is: if the systems will see a complete recode, why not make it multicrew-compatible from the get-go?

You do you, but I believe a lot of people lose interest in the module if one can't use it for it's primary purpose - regardless of how the aircraft was envisioned to work in DCS at it's inception.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Thanks for clarifying. I dearly hope it has not been ruled out completely. The point of the whole aircraft is, as a trainer, training. At this point even a rudimentary "dummy cockpit" rear-seat ride capability would be very beneficial. What I am wondering is: if the systems will see a complete recode, why not make it multicrew-compatible from the get-go?

You do you, but I believe a lot of people lose interest in the module if one can't use it for it's primary purpose - regardless of how the aircraft was envisioned to work in DCS at it's inception.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

We have no experience with the system and the job is large enough with what we already have planned. It would add a considerable amount of time to work this through and through.

I do not see us making any aircraft in the future where the investment in the technology and code base would be used again.

I'm sorry some of you feel disappointed however I have always said to our customers, please look at the product description for what to expect.

Pman

edit: That said, never say never and if the some of the guys wants to put their free time into doing it then no reason why not, but it is not currently on the board.

Edited by Pman