Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

But if there's a bug or something not working with a new model, I would be hard pressed to say anything encouraging about the prospects of getting a resolution.

This software was provided for free by its author six years ago, it is understandable if he no longer has time to dedicate to it.

At least he still keeps his webpage up and the software has been updated a lot of times, to the point that it still works on the current DCS ... and it recognized my A-10C II with no problem at all:

TtGv2Xs.jpg

IuDnUoZ.jpg

:thumbup:

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

In 1.8.0.4, when I try to select a new Kneeboard location using profile selection, I get the dialog box saying Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path.

I have run as administrator, I've tried replacing the files, and I can't clear the error regardless of which profile I select. Any ideas for a workaround?

EDIT: Win 10 with DCS 2.5.6.55960

• 2 weeks later...
In 1.8.0.4, when I try to select a new Kneeboard location using profile selection, I get the dialog box saying Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path.

I have run as administrator, I've tried replacing the files, and I can't clear the error regardless of which profile I select. Any ideas for a workaround?

EDIT: Win 10 with DCS 2.5.6.55960

I have the same problem so I emailed the developer. He got back with me and said the following:

It appears that the problem may be having flaming cliffs installed together with the standalone flaming cliffs planes; creating a duplicate loop in Kneeboard Builder that makes it unresponsive. I’m working on figuring out a fix for it.

I only have Su-33 installed, so I tried uninstalling that but it didn't help. Hoping for an update to fix this but I understand the software is old and the developer probably doesn't have time to dedicate any longer.

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

I have used Kneeboard Builder to reposition and resize kneeboards successfully so far, but I’m having problems with F16 Viper. If I start up Kneeboard Builder, and then jump in to the cockpit, I miss most of my cockpit textures. Running a repair fixes that.

I’ve seen some posts others having the same issue, but not really a fix for that. Any pointers how to resolve?

I have used Kneeboard Builder to reposition and resize kneeboards successfully so far, but I’m having problems with F16 Viper. If I start up Kneeboard Builder, and then jump in to the cockpit, I miss most of my cockpit textures. Running a repair fixes that.

I’ve seen some posts others having the same issue, but not really a fix for that. Any pointers how to resolve?

Try deleting these two files:

"...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\device_init.lua"

"...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\device_init_original.lua"

Then run DCS Repair and retry setting a custom kneeboard profile in Kneeboard Builder.

If you continue to run into issues please let me know at s13solutions@gmail.com.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Version 1.8.0.5 is now available.

-Fixed A-10C kneeboard profiles overwriting A-10C_2 kneeboard profiles

-Fixed crash when setting kneeboard profile for all aircraft

-Standalone FC3 aircraft and FC3 package aircraft now use separate kneeboard profiles (still use same kneeboard image directory though)

• Like 1

i cannot seem to access the Kneeboard settings page in 1.8.0.5 as per page 22 of KB Manual... it just shows Kneeboard Profiles under the Options tab with :modify" greyed out... I am wanting to resize/reposition my KB. is this no longer possible?

Thanks.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Are you running the app with administrator privileges?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

i cannot seem to access the Kneeboard settings page in 1.8.0.5 as per page 22 of KB Manual... it just shows Kneeboard Profiles under the Options tab with :modify" greyed out... I am wanting to resize/reposition my KB. is this no longer possible?

Thanks.

In the Options -> Preferences page, try setting your saved games path to point directly at your DCS saved games folder like "...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta"

I have the same problem so I emailed the developer. He got back with me and said the following:

"It appears that the problem may be having flaming cliffs installed together with the standalone flaming cliffs planes; creating a duplicate loop in Kneeboard Builder that makes it unresponsive. I’m working on figuring out a fix for it."

I only have Su-33 installed, so I tried uninstalling that but it didn't help. Hoping for an update to fix this but I understand the software is old and the developer probably doesn't have time to dedicate any longer.

I have FC3 and got the Su-33 standalone with the Supercarrier, but I have never installed the Su-33 standalone. I think there may be something else at work as well.

I get the dialog box saying "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path." Then it crashes.

I get the same error. "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path." Then hangs.

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

hi Guys was wondering if any1 uses the Kneeboard with the F14 RIO as i cant get it to display, all works well when im the pilot but not a thing for Rio, is there something im missing ? Many thanks for any help or tips Phil

The RIO kneeboard is the same as the pilot kneeboard, and I don't have trouble with either station. Do you use custom bindings to bring up your kneeboard? If so, make sure you map them for both pilot and RIO.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Small problems with Kneeboard builder and the Syria map .

Can't display the imported kneeboard on the Syria map, while on all the other theaters it's OK...

Yet I find the cards in the file of DCS ...

Do you also have this problem?

Thank you

nt16.jpg

I5-4690k 3,9 - 32 gb ram ddr3 - 1080ti

Rift S - hotas Warthog + F-18 stick - Hotas Cougar - MFD Cougar - TPR Tm

Is anyone else having trouble loading this app after downloading today's DCS update?

Maybe this update is the cause of my problem: "Upgrade cockpit kneeboard. Mouse drag and resize. Added clickable buttons for navigation and making bookmarks. Each new bookmark - new color. Route UI buttons callbacks to track."

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Is anyone else having trouble loading this app after downloading today's DCS update?

Maybe this update is the cause of my problem: "Upgrade cockpit kneeboard. Mouse drag and resize. Added clickable buttons for navigation and making bookmarks. Each new bookmark - new color. Route UI buttons callbacks to track."

Yes is it looks like they made some major upgrades to the in-game kneeboard which will likely render a portion of Kneeboard Builder obsolete. I'll have to put out a new update to Kneeboard Builder to compensate for the changes. I haven't had a chance to look at what has changed yet so I don't have a time frame on when you can expect a Kneeboard Builder update.

• Like 1

Currently kneeboard builder doesn't seem to be able to move all elements of kneeboard to correct position. My main use for kneeboard builder is mainly to reposition the kneeboard builder as it with extra screen for MFDs, kneeboard will render out of view.

Hi guys any1 getting this error after latest update?

---------------------------

There was an error!

Use Ctrl + C to copy this error and e-mail it to s13solutions@gmail.com :

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: path

at System.IO.Directory.GetParent(String path)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.BackupAircraftDefaultGroups(String _origPath)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.LoadAircraftData()

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.Initilization()

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel..ctor()

at KneeboardBuilder.Views.MainView..ctor()

OK

Hi guys any1 getting this error after latest update?

There was an error!

Use Ctrl + C to copy this error and e-mail it to s13solutions@gmail.com :

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: path

at System.IO.Directory.GetParent(String path)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.BackupAircraftDefaultGroups(String _origPath)

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.LoadAircraftData()

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel.Initilization()

at KneeboardBuilder.Viewmodels.MainViewModel..ctor()

at KneeboardBuilder.Views.MainView..ctor()

OK

Yes. I'm having the exact same issue. Just came here to post that exact thing.

Also, are the custom kneeboards for Syria still broken/missing?

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S