IKEA Chair Pit

Blaze

Really great idea!

Taking the original "Blaze-Design", I altered it to my needs.

I wanted to have the possibility to remove the stick and use it as a regular office chair. Also I wanted I little more flexibility, so I could attach a steering wheel and shifter, should the need arise...if someone will ever make a new Motor City Online..

That´s what I came up with.

Flightseat-1.thumb.jpg.16ef5cdec11d6eab6f65f7316659c4af.jpg

Flightseat-4.thumb.jpg.ced04ac2a54b8f98b1fcc6473e64ce47.jpg

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

Brilliant! :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Excellent work Dustoff! Any chance you could share some pics of the underside? How easily is the gear disassembled? I would love to do something similar.

Yes sure. Just came back from work and it was already dark, so I had to use the flash. Not really photographic art, but you get the idea ;)

For assembly you just slide in the two support arms and tighten the two screws, that´s it. Matter of seconds.

The build took about a day, but I lost a lot of time sawing the tubing. To get the angles right, I had to handsaw the stuff and my metal dealer only had pretty massive tubes, that would fit together.

Some welding, a rattlecan of flat black and you´re done :thumbup:

Flightseat-5.thumb.jpg.ebabc40c60a12954ccee5ee86688df5b.jpg

Flightseat-6.thumb.jpg.5b08de938aca10ae5a227e1e3e78aaf7.jpg

Flightseat-7.thumb.jpg.a2ba11d890f596c776c686e3e35ce744.jpg

Flightseat-8.thumb.jpg.763a155958088df106052d34e240b50c.jpg

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

Very nice Dustoff! How are you liking the new setup? :)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Very nice Dustoff! How are you liking the new setup? :)

Takes some getting used to it, especially since the chair is a tad higher than my old one and I´m now kind of looking down on the screen. So the next thing will be a screen stand :D

The flying really improved with the new setup. I just tried out a quick refueling mission, something I always struggled with and connected on the first try.

Only complain so far, after a while, my wrist started to hurt a little bit. Don´t know if it was due to the unfamiliar angle or just the metal sawing before :doh:

After that I was away, working... :mad:

How do you like yours?

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

It hardly swivels at all when kicking the rudder pedals, surprisingly. And the wheels on the carpet barely budge when using the rudders, it takes a lot to roll the chair when sitting in it, and the weight of the Warthog helps considerably.

I've approximately the same setting as you (Stick on the right side and not center), also on an Ikea chair but it's on a hard floor. Darn, it's a pain not swiveling when applying rudder. When in combat, from an outside view, it's more like a 'dance dance revolution' game...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

I can relate. I trashed my USB ports on the front of my HAF-X case yesterday by tripping over a USB cable. :music_whistling:

I did the same several month ago with my CM 690II, and the TM warthog cable plugged in it.

I thought I'd have a heart attack! Hopefully, The USB port of the case is dead but not the one of the Warthog! Just a bit bent but it works :yay:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.