Sling Loading in Ka-50 ; Looking for a How-To

DieHard

Found this server in Multiplayer 1.5.7 that uses Combined Arms and all out war, better than the 104th server (my opinion) and I like using the 104th's server :

DynamicCaucasus ( 45.27.58.61:10308 )

==========================

http://dynamicdcs.com:8080/#/DynamicMap?name=DynamicCaucasus

I have tried the sling-loading thing trying to load up crates.

I am still trying!!!!! It's driving me crazy!

Looking for a how-to using the External Cargo commands in 1.5.7 :

External Indicator ; Hook ; and Auto-Unhook

What YouTube has to offer for a how-to does not show a how-to in 1.5.7

At least I have not found it, yet...

I would settle for a verbal / text how-to

The how-to manual concerning sling-loading in Combined Arms is non-existent.

Maybe using the Huey would be a better approach to learning its sling-loading technique.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe this one, by Banjo:

b1i0pRSIWIc

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Maybe this one, by Banjo:

b1i0pRSIWIc

Thanks for the link.

Yes, watched it a few times last night.

Try sling-loading on this server, in Multiplayer 1.5.7, THEIR way:

========================================

45.27.58.61:10308

And please report back and let me know your results.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

See Message #6 for the how-to (.pdf) :

=========================

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122835&highlight=slingload

Read the 4th Message :

===============

http://www.16agr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=760&p=4894

Though an updated patch in 1.5.7 ; this technique changed a little bit ; see last message :

========================================================

http://16agr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=917&p=6170

I am still struggling at it, but I will persevere !

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd guess this is rather a problem concerning the scripts enabling you to load things on that particular server than it is with the sling loading itself. There is no magic trick to sling-loading with the Black Shark, it works just like Banjo's video which Rudel linked above says.

Maybe someone could help you further if we knew what exactly the problem seems to be.

Can you not select the cargo you want? That would be an issue with the mission/script.

Can you not hook on to the cargo? This could be a control issue, check your bindings maybe?

Can you hook on but not actually lift your cargo? Check on the weights, perhaps it is a cargo best left to something else.

This is completely off of memory, but here's the process:

1. On the 16AGR server go to the two towers usually placed near-ish the FARP pads.
  2. Spawn your crate via the F10 CTLD menu.
  3. Select your crate by using the top level menu's F6 option. (You'll see a list of nearby crates, and their respective weights)

1. Once the create is selected red smoke will appear over it indicating which crate you selected.

[*]You can pull up next to the crate (smoke will disappear as you get close to the crate) and engage auto hook (LAlt+RCtrl+RShift+L) for the rope to snake its way to the crate, and attach, or you can engage the External Cargo Indicator (LAlt+RCtrl+RShift+P) to assist you in hovering over the crate in which case you'll also press LAlt+RCtrl+RShift+L for the rope to lower, and attach to the crate.

[*]Lift off, and take the crate where you want it. Before lowering the crate to the ground activate the auto-unhook (LAlt+RCtrl+RShift+K) feature, so the rope will release the minute the crate touches the ground. Do not lower the crate much past 1 m/s less the crate is destroyed.

• Like 1