Mission Editor > Prepare Mission ABRIS flight plan not saving correctly

Rangoon

I am having trouble getting what I think should be the correct behavior when saving an ABRIS flight plan in the Mission Editor. I have waypoints for my flight which show up in the PVI-800 correctly. However, when I try to save changes to the ABRIS flight plan, they don't load correctly in the mission. The route exists and can be loaded, but the waypoint callsigns do not appear on the main ABRIS NAV page in the fields at the bottom. They do show correctly when viewing the flight plan in the grid page. I see the ABRIS double-digit names along the left (01, 02, 03, etc.) for the actual sequence, followed by waypoint callsigns as I had them last saved (RU FA, 1, 2, 3 etc.). But they don't show in the NAV page. I have to edit the flight plan, then simply go to each waypoint and re-edit/confirm the callsigns one by one. It's tedius, but it works and then the callsigns appear as expected in the data fields at the bottom of the NAV page. To clarify, I don't need to actually edit the names. The correct name is already there. I simply need to go into that field and hit enter again. Then they appear in the NAV page.

What I have done:

1 ) Set route/waypoints in the ME

2 ) go to Prepare Mission, turn on batteries, the NAV switch and the ABRIS.

3 ) edit the waypoint callsigns (so that they match the PVI-800 waypoint numbers, etc.)

4 ) activate the flight plan

5 ) save the flight plan to ABRIS memory

6 ) save the flight plan to HDD (CTL menu, database, save nav and route)

7 ) shut everything off and exit Prepare Mission

8 ) save the mission and click "Fly"

9 ) get everything booted up, unload the flight plan, load the flight plan, activate the flight plan

So what I'm wondering is:

- how do I get the edited callsigns to appear correctly without re-editing them?

- is there a way to get the flight plan to appear by default when the mission loads without even having to load it from HDD?

- is this ABRIS data stored in the mission file such that it will be in tact when shared?

I have been going back through my forum search results another time, hoping to find some nugget of insight here, but I still come up empty.

As far as I can tell, other user-made missions have successfully set up a default ABRIS flight plan that properly displays custom waypoint callsigns without having to load anything or fiddle with re-confirming each waypoint callsign. Am I doing something wrong here? I've tried so many things, such as using the full combat nav switch vs. the ground nav-only nav switch, leaving the ABRIS powered up when I hit quit, lighting candles, crossing my fingers, everything. Nothing seems to work. It's definitely getting saved. I just can't get the behavior I'm seeing in other missions.

I'm pretty sure what I've seen elsewhere is where the mission maker used single-digit integers to denote PVI-800 matching waypoints and leading zeroes to denote ABRIS-only waypoints. How could this have been done if not in the same manner I am describing here? Is there another method? Can I manually edit the .miz file somehow in a text editor to achieve this?