Use of 1.5 after 2.0 is released officially

Simicro

Hi,

When DCS 2 is out of alpha/beta and is released officially, will it be possible to continue to use 1.5 even if it is not supported anymore?

I am asking because I fear that my PC will not be powerful enough to run 2.0 and maps like Nevada in fluid conditions.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

You can use DCS updater utility to roll back to some older versions: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

It may not be forever but I guess it will still be available for download for some time after 2.x goes stable. And you can run the local copy that you have on your HDD indefinitely, unless ED changes or shuts down the licensing system.

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Thanks some1.

I did not know it is possible to prevent the updater from updating or revert to an older version

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Thanks some1.

I did not know it is possible to prevent the updater from updating or revert to an older version

Well, reverting is indeed special, but preventing is not. Every time there is a new DCS update the launcher actually asks you if you want to update. You can just click on "no" ;)

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

change the DCS Desktop Shortcut from "DCS_Updater.exe" to "DCS.exe" and it'll never ask you to update.

However you wont be able to play online w/ the newer versions and newer modules require updates.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Many thanks QuiGon and SkateZilla, for those valuable explanations!

- Tony -