Mirage 2000C Cockpit questions

Soffver

Hi, i'm in the planing of a M2K cockpit build. and i have some questions.

this is my current progress on the build. https://goo.gl/photos/YPvkkCynT5HeMHzT7

so, for my qestions...

the switches and all that, will it work if i connect Everything with a leo bodnar card and then assign the buttons in the dcs client? that should be fairly basic right? no programming needed? just plug and play?

for the next question, im not sure how i should connect and make the lcd's working. Like, how would i make the radar, rwr and that display on small monitors integrated in the front panel? i found this https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2317118/?sphrase_id=5407351 but i have no programming skills at all.

And how can i make the PCN, PPA, PCA, COM and FUEL display? and as i mentiond, i have NO programming experience what so ever :P

what do you guys Think would be the best option? :)

Leo boards will be OK if you use Helios or perhaps the software mentioned at the top of the cockpit builders (SDA I think). Without it, the bodner type boards don't know when your switch is off as off isn't a signal.

It sounds like you need to design your front panel around a monitor so you can export all the cockpit displays, again SDA or Helios is the program you need.

No programming needed, just some minor .lua edits.

I think Pokeys57U is more suited for this task. It is much more flexible and there is more available IO.

You don't have to be a programmer to export something from DCS. Make a search on the forum and you will find all you need. Your link seems to be a good start. For PPA, PCA...you can use DCS-BIOS with the Mirage 2000 module from EXO7. DCS-BIOS can also be used for switches and buttons and replace the pokeys or leobodnar boards.

but lets say if i get a switch which is "on-on", wouldnt i be able to assign the key to both on and off state in the dcs client?

Well in some cases it will work but not for switches with say 3 functions, just for example the autopilot on the A-10 is UP = Path MIDDLE = Alt.Hdg and DOWN = Alt

You cant do that with any switch without using Helios or similar or a Arduina AFAIK. I also dont know which switches you need to simulate you could do it if all Mirage switches are only two functions.

I sense you think Helios or similar are hard to use? Mate, I am like a dinosaur with Alzheimers, I just type LUA because the nice folk on here tell you what to type and what you are doing wrong but 4 months later its like groundhog day in my head and a quick search has all the answers.

Helios is not even LUA programming, you just follow instructions and it works and everyone here will help you to get the instructions right.

Also, being able to use on/off switches and recognizing off as a state means you can use less inputs on your board. Helios says (for example) if master arm isnt armed its off, with your proposal you need two inputs, an input for on and and input for off.

On-On Switches possible cost more and you need more twice as many inputs on your boards.

Edited by Mr_Burns

Also, it is possible to assign three functions (Master ARM, Train, Safe) to a switch that is Single Pole, Dual Throw. Or On-Off-On. You can change the LUA script to note the transition from ON to OFF (left On to middle Off), and Right On to Off again. The Off basically becomes your "third switch state"

Is it easy to do? Depends on how much experience you have.

See post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2894348#post2894348

where Hansolo exlains this in detail.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1