DCS & DCS-Bios/arduino communication

Wiscodin

Dear Ian,

From reading several posts on here you seem to be very knowledgeable about arduinoand DCS bios.

I am very new to Arduino and DCS bios, I've built a 3D cockpit sim for the Bell UH-1H module in DCS. However several of the rotary switch is particularly on many of the different radios have only a preset increase or decrease function in the module so I'm wanting to use the Arduino language to make them work properly using either rotary switches or rotary encoders.

I have the Arduino card and DCS bios, the DCS bios library for Arduino etc. and I'm learning how to use them. But whenever I try to test Simple button or switch in DCS nothing happens. The switch is wired correctly that much I'm sure of because I do a lot of electrical work on the side and I follow the instructions in the DCS bios user guide. My problem is I don't know how to get DCS software script to communicate with DCS bios/arduino script. can you help me out?

Thanks

I don't know how to get DCS software script to communicate with DCS bios/arduino script.

You have to copy the DCS-BIOS files to your "Saved Games\DCS\Scripts" folder, edit connect-serial-port.cmd to use the serial port that your Arduino is connected to, and then run the connect-serial-port.cmd script.

The process is described in the User Guide.

If you need more specific instructions, let me know at which point you got stuck.