Does this come with missions or a campaign?

cmorris975

Hi there,

I am interested in this module but I am wondering if it is just the model but not much else. Are there decent missions for it? Are there assets from the time period in game such as B29s and other aircraft? I know there is most likely not a Korea map.

Thanks for any info,

Chris

No assets and no DLC is coming with this plane but I think there are some missions included

Ok, thanks for the info. So it sounds like the main thing you would do in with this module is fight Mig-15s and just enjoy the flight simulation aspects of learning to fly it? I'm sure you could fly it online vs. all sorts of enemies but fighting non-historical engagements doesn't appeal to me much.

Chris

There is a Mod that includes a B-29 that can be used by the AI: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=179798

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi there,

I am interested in this module but I am wondering if it is just the model but not much else. Are there decent missions for it? Are there assets from the time period in game such as B29s and other aircraft? I know there is most likely not a Korea map.

Thanks for any info,

Chris

There are some missions that come with the F-86 module, but no campaign. If you're interested in a campaign, check out the $9.99 (U.S.) downloadable campaign "Museum Relic" by Apache600. It's in the download section of the main DCS website where you bought your F-86. Most of the of the comments I've read by folks who have bought it are that it's the best campaign they've ever played.

You might also want to check out the multiplayer server "Korea 1952." It uses four airplanes; F-86, MiG-15bis, F-51 (redesignated P-51), and TF-51. It's missions are basically air-to-air and air-to-ground (F-86 and MiG-15), recon and air-to-ground (F-51), and recon (TF-51). The TF-51 is lighter, faster, more maneuverable, and has better visibility than the F-51 because of the lack of guns on-wing armament. The server is a lot of fun and very immersive. Just be sure you're able to takeoff and land, navigate, and communicate. It also doesn't use labels.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1