All buttons saitek x52

Some of the buttons on the subject controller were not being detected in DCS. For example the pinki button, mouse left click button and the button of the scroll wheel button. I tried everything on the programming software, read lots of forums to no use.

Then by chance I discovered that If you keep the control panel open, DCS will detect and assign almost all buttons.

Here are the steps

1. Go to search bar

2. write usb game controllers. press enter.

3. select the controller properties and just keep the windows opened.

Now DCS will pick and assign all buttons except for the little mouse lever.

Glad if it helps anyone.

You can also download the Software and remove mode 2 and 3 in grid view, and unprogram the mouse buttons and mouse wheel.

Then you also have the mouse wheel as 2 extra buttons

I tried everything but could not assign the mouse click button to any command. The mouse click button is very crucial for me as I have assigned it to view center in heat of the battle. I use the hatch key to look around and sometimes loose orientation. A simple click brings the view back to center again. :megalol:

You will need to set the pinkie switch to fallback mode for DCS to recognize it as a button. The ministick is a whole other thing. I have only had success turning it into a "button" that sends keystrokes that DCS picks up. I'm sure there is a way to do what you want, but I have not had luck with it. </2¢>

I am talking about the mini button with the mini stick. Its position is very handy as its located very close to the thumb. The SST software could not help to assign the button in DCS. However, the procedure in my first post solved the problem. All you have to do is keep the properties window open. but U will have to compromise the ministick itself as it wont work.