GOONEY BIRD PARATROOPERS???

dooom

So with the news today that a C-47 is in development, I am hoping we might get a little insight as to whether paratroopers will finally be added as a mission editor / AI asset?

I make no secret regarding my desire to see a sky full of chutes for my mission making nerdgasm. A few Questions:

1. IF paras are soon to be added, will the functionality extend to modern theaters for C17/C130 etc or even Russian VDV?

2. IF the functionality is pending, will it only be infantry or will it be able to drop armor and artillery?

3. IF the functionality is there for all units... will the units be able to be dropped like ordinance/be destroyable and then resume a ground based waypoint or mission?

I'm excited at the prospect but want to temper enthusiasm in case the pending C47 is only a art/arial asset ... mind you I remain hopeful that its introduction would not ignore its greatest contribution to Normandy....

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

So with the news today that a C-47 is in development, I am hoping we might get a little insight as to whether paratroopers will finally be added as a mission editor / AI asset?

I make no secret regarding my desire to see a sky full of chutes for my mission making nerdgasm. A few Questions:

1. IF paras are soon to be added, will the functionality extend to modern theaters for C17/C130 etc or even Russian VDV?

2. IF the functionality is pending, will it only be infantry or will it be able to drop armor and artillery?

3. IF the functionality is there for all units... will the units be able to be dropped like ordinance/be destroyable and then resume a ground based waypoint or mission?

I'm excited at the prospect but want to temper enthusiasm in case the pending C47 is only a art/arial asset ... mind you I remain hopeful that its introduction would not ignore its greatest contribution to Normandy....

+1000 on that ... I've been asking for AI airdrop for years ... I'd be happy with the Illuminating Bomb minus the flare and smoke just to give AI transports a "mission".

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, news wasn't dropped today. There have been WIP screenshots for months now, shortly after Normandy's release.

I believe that there was confirmation that paratroopers will be a working thing with the Gooney Bird. It's been a while though, and I can't remember where. So don't take that to heart. Afaik, there are no plans to turn it from an AI to flyable. Though we can wish, scream, and cry for it...

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Though we can wish, scream, and cry for it...

I'd pay good money for a flyable DC-3 / C-47. Literally hundreds of $ if it was comprehensively and well modelled. That old bird has always been one of my great favorites.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.