X-55 Profiles For DCS World by Infernus

So i got your updated profiles and i still get a looping "s" key when i close the game and a bsod if i change profile's when there is no repeating key. Any idea's on what else could be causing a bsod with the profiles?

So i got your updated profiles and i still get a looping "s" key when i close the game and a bsod if i change profile's when there is no repeating key. Any idea's on what else could be causing a bsod with the profiles?

The reason you are getting a repeating s key is because you left the mode switch in the up position for nose wheel steering.

Make sure to return the mode switch to the center neutral position to avoid this.

Unfortunately the bsod when switching profiles is a saitek issue it happens to me too randomly and I have no idea why.

None of these profiles are modified in any weird way just made with the crappy 800x600 window that saitek provides.:thumbdown:

FX-8320 8Gb R9-280 X-55 Opentrack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The reason you are getting a repeating s key is because you left the mode switch in the up position for nose wheel steering.

Make sure to return the mode switch to the center neutral position to avoid this.

Unfortunately the bsod when switching profiles is a saitek issue it happens to me too randomly and I have no idea why.

None of these profiles are modified in any weird way just made with the crappy 800x600 window that saitek provides.:thumbdown:

Oh wow i am surprised i never noticed that nose wheel steering was the issue with that.

• 2 months later...

First of all, apologies for necroing this thread.

Infernus, I've spent the afternoon looking fiddling around with your profiles and the BSODs and as far as I can tell it's being caused by using the mode switch as a key press. Swapping to the profile works with no problems, but as soon as I switch to another or select 'Clear' I get a BSOD (this is a five-hour-old clean install of Windows 7 and the latest Saitek drivers), but if I use the HUD software to remove the key presses for the mode switch I can swap profiles with no problems.

I use all your Great profiles

did u ever finsh the Mig21 and the SU25T ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

• 2 months later...
Infernus,

I'm about to try your F15c profile, but looking at the graphic map you dont seem to have the POV on the stick assigned to anything.. is that the case?

Yes I left it unbound intentionally for people without track IR

FX-8320 8Gb R9-280 X-55 Opentrack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is great! Thank you so much! saved hours of my life lol

A few questions....

These .lua profiles work perfectly with DCS, why would you need to load the saitek software and the .pr0 file? What are the advantages in doing this extra step... ?

Do you have the Mustang Profile?

Did anyone find the view too sensitive when using the cone/hat on the stick (top left) ? What did you do?

My specs:

- GTX980

- Intel i5-4690 CPU @3.5GHz

- 16GB ram

- 250GB SSD, plus 2 x 2TB HDD

- Acer X34

- Saitek HOTAS X55

jaznit

I skipped the Saitek software part after it kept giving me BSOD just loaded the lua files in controls options and worked perfect.

ok cool - it works perfectly for me too without so I didn't see the need but was wondering if there was anything i was missing...

My specs:

- GTX980

- Intel i5-4690 CPU @3.5GHz

- 16GB ram

- 250GB SSD, plus 2 x 2TB HDD

- Acer X34

- Saitek HOTAS X55

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Ok, not sure how this is supposed to work out...

There are 3 profile files in here, but only two can be loaded.

1 Profile into the Mad Catz software

1 Profile into DCS.

Am I missing something here or has DCS gone from 2 different profiles (one for the stick and one for the throttle) to a combined setting, and are these profiles obsolete ?

The 'DCS Ka-50 X-55.pr0' loads into the mad catz software and works. Yes.

BUT...

DCS can only load and save one profile which includes both joystick and throttle settings. How I should load the 2 separate config files into 1 profile on DCS is a mystery to me.

Load profile (in dcs under control settings) Ka-50X55STICK.diff.lua

Load profile (in dcs under control settings) Ka-50X55THROTTLE.diff.lua

Of course importing one clears the settings of the other and vice-versa.

Instead of 2 lua files, we should only have 1 including both controllers.

Does anyone have more luck with this ?

Thank you Infernus for that clear image which tells where to bind what inputs to the X55

Edited by dertien

Ok, not sure how this is supposed to work out...

There are 3 profile files in here, but only two can be loaded.

1 Profile into the Mad Catz software

1 Profile into DCS.

Am I missing something here or has DCS gone from 2 different profiles (one for the stick and one for the throttle) to a combined setting, and are these profiles obsolete ?

The 'DCS Ka-50 X-55.pr0' loads into the mad catz software and works. Yes.

BUT...

DCS can only load and save one profile which includes both joystick and throttle settings. How I should load the 2 separate config files into 1 profile on DCS is a mystery to me.

Load profile (in dcs under control settings) Ka-50X55STICK.diff.lua

Load profile (in dcs under control settings) Ka-50X55THROTTLE.diff.lua

Of course importing one clears the settings of the other and vice-versa.

Instead of 2 lua files, we should only have 1 including both controllers.

Does anyone have more luck with this ?

Thank you Infernus for that clear image which tells where to bind what inputs to the X55

When you load up DCS and go to the control adjustment screen - click within the stick column and click load profile and select the stick. Then click within the throttle column and then load profile - select throttle.

Worked for me with the A-10C.

Having an issue - that it seems that whatever mode on the throttle (M1, M2, M3) some of them (I'm sure it's M1 and M3) are causing the keyboard to stop responding - is this normal? If I switch to (I'm sure M2) then some of the switches on the throttle and stick stop working unless its in (M1 or M3).

I'll have a look in the MadCatz software when I get home but if anyone could give any guidance?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...