XMP - system post in safe mode. Happened once after some time pc off

Hi. My mobo is Asus Z370 Pro Gaming. And rams: Gskill 2x8GB 2133mhz ( XMP 3000mhz ).

Cpu 8700K. When i choose in UEFI first time XMP profile i saved and booted fine to UEFI.

I turn off pc,turn on again after 2 hours, and then, i met screen:

THE SYSTEM HAS POSTED IN SAFE MODE.

This happened just once. Now its booting fine,but i dont know why it booted just once with this message.

This is screen from internet ( not my pc ) ,but the same msg to show:

z37.jpg

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that. Reverting to standard and then again to XMP save. Turn off pc by power button. But not warning. Any ideas why it happened just once,and still its something wrong?

This occured when pc was off some time , 4 hours . And then. I met users using XMP with the same issue , only after pc was off some time like overnight.

So it not never happen when i turn off pc and immidiately turn on. Only just when pc is off few hours.

Memtest not showing errors also.

Really appreciate it for help. This is my new pc.

If it has only done it once then I would not worry. If it is doing it everytime the PC is switched off then it may be the Cmos battery needs to be reseated or replaced

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you cannot reproduce it dont worry. The Z370 BIOSes are still green and hickups will happen.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Asus mobos are very picky with RAM timings (one of the reasons I would never buy one)

The RAM you are using is on the QVL list ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

No (page 16) : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/TUF_Z370-PRO_GAMING/TUF_Z370-PRO_GAMING_Memory_QVL_report_20170927.pdf?_ga=2.59271471.324849203.1516063526-742818865.1490917776In

I know one rule. Is that working? Yes? Do nothing, and don't even think of doing something.

Edited by Demon_

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

The big Q is, is your RAM now working at 2133 or XMP ?

Usually, if the Bios reverts to Safe Defaults, it will remain in that RAM Speed mode until you enter Bios again and correct it.

Make sure the Volts are applied properly, 1.35V for DDR4-XMP usually.

My tip, you can try to lower each Voltage to the default value:

those are

0.95 for VCC-IO

1.05 VCC-SA

1.0 PCH

1.0 CPU Standby

the defaults are also listed bottom line on that page in Bios, no need to take notes now ;)

you can safe some temps by doing this. Asus usually applies way too much to stay safe even with the worst of all 8700k.

Asus Ai-Suite does show the RAM speed, you dont need any additional SW to read that value, tho CPUZ is a great help on new systems, so is HWinfo and a few others, the usual suspects.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

They are currently working on XMP speed 3000mhz. Yes.

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that. Reverting to standard and then again to XMP save. Turn off pc by power button. But not warning. Any ideas why it happened just once,and still its something wrong?

This occured when pc was off some time , 4 hours . And then. I met users using XMP with the same issue , only after pc was off some time like overnight.

So it not never happen when i turn off pc and immidiately turn on. Only just when pc is off few hours.

Memtest not showing errors also.

Really appreciate it for help. This is my new pc.

hmmmm, off as in "disconnected from wall" or " only shut down my os"

it shouldnt matter actually but those are 2 different states

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

It actualy doesnt mean much if they are listed, that is what Asus says themselves.

It is in no way a garanty that your same RAM kit will work in a same modell board.

It only says, one board and one ram kit on their end worked at least once, that's all !

screw the QVL, it's DDR4. If not send it back and stirr up the chain as much as possible to let them know that the guy at the end of the chain, YOU, who pays all bills from all in chain in front of you, gets a non-working product is utmost upset about it.

You dont want me as an unsatisfied customer, you really dont !

If you dont give your untainted feedback nothing ever changes to the better, no, quite the opposite will happen over time.

yes.

The big difference is, depending on setting in Bios, that by default your new board uses FAST BOOT, whereas if you have UNPLUGGED it from 110/230V you force it to do a full boot, which means it does a full self test, ram scrambling and memory detection routines which can take up to 5 min i the config is borderline. All adapter cards, onboard and embedded, get reassigned, etc etc..

DOing a fastboot means, take the old list and table, hope that nothing changed and fire it up.

I HATE THAT ! full BS ! If your PC wont boot, you have to cold boot it to be able to get into Bios, as THAT is the biggest difference that you may encounter. IT WONT LET ME IN BIOS, until you unplug it for 10sec and reconnect, THAT forces the slow boot with the option to enter Bios.

I guess it went into RAM initialisation and failed, then it got stuck, rebooted itself or forced, saw it had a broken boot and went to fail safe. Pretty standard for any misconfigured RAM and boot attempt. The Bios does many things when you boot it up, check the lights on your board what it does when and what light is on when it stops booting, that points you the the root cause usually.

go to bios --> boot settings --> fast boot --> OFF

do a proper boot each time :)

It actualy doesnt mean much if they are listed, that is what Asus says themselves.

At least that statement points to how crap Asus are at testing stuff

Yet another reason to avoid their stuff

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

go to bios --> boot settings --> fast boot --> OFF

do a proper boot each time :)

In the immortal words of Sweet Brown....I got bronchitis, ain't nobody got time for that!!!! :D:D

Just in case someone missed it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

On a fresh formatted ssd i install Windows 10. When i installed Windows 10 there was a problem with...

1.When i go to windows settings, no matter what i click on system settings it wont opened. SO click and nothing.

2.Problem with web browsers ( Firefox and Chrome ). When i go to some site, and try to download something ( right click save ), browser just hang,and not respond. I had to click X on the browser.

This happens in BOTH Firefox and Chrome, which is why I think it's an issue on Windows' part?

I dont know how but after 2-3 restart now its all fine and working fine. I just ask why that happened? It maybe was related to my rams?

But like i said now its fine. I even tried format again and i installed second time W10 but problem not repeated. Like you think it was related to XMP or just W10 bug?

My computer did the same thing. I clicked on Settings and nothing happened. Then about 5 min later, I closed the blank Settings screen and tried it again and it was fine. My guess is that something was updating in the background?

It's never happened again so I didn't sweat it. But no issues with browser Chrome or FF. Also, do alt-tab through open apps just in case there is a hidden FW popup asking if the program should be let out.

I guess anything is possible, but I can't see your RAM being the cause of this.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1