Pre-purchase. What available on release?

CoBlue

I hope so.

At least the KC-130 is a free addition to DCS so the same with the USS Tarawa seems possible.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

if you have not already take a look at the W.I.P pocket guide, RAZBAM have marked areas that are not ready yet regarding functionality

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=193603

Frankly speaking it would be rather fair to expect that such list is communicated by the developer or even better included in the module description in the ED shop. Just to set clearly the expectations on what's included and what is still to come. Asking to dig through 120 pages document to find out what is missing is probably not the best way ;)

Anyway, I've extracted from document the list of currently missing and to be added in the future features:

• Ground Power Control
  • Voice warnings (Betty?)
  • HUD Symbology Brightness,
  • FLIR Video Controls,
  • MPCD display swap
  • UFC modes: IFF, WPN (Weapons), WOF (Waypoint overfly), BCN (Radar beacon), ALT (Altimeter), EM CON (Emission Control), TMR (Timer), TOO (Target-Of-Opportunity) - available 5 out of 13
  • Ability to create and modify flight plan
  • Radios - using only simple coms!
  • Emission control (all radio devices silence) mode
  • NAVFLIR cool down time
  • HUD FLIR video image settings (brightness, contrast)
  • NAVFLIR Hotspot Detector
  • Sidewinder Expanded Acquisition Mode (SEAM)
  • LOFT Delivery Mode
  • Expendables (countermeassures?) dispensing programming
  • + MANUAL maybe some day on the same level with other DCS modules ;)

That's one hefty list. Before you beat me with the "it's an Alpha" stick look on my list of modules (which most of them I've got in early access if not on a day one) but I have to admit that I have a doubt that there are different Alpha's in DCS - Alphas and Alpha Alphas, if you know what I mean ;) Not that I'm not getting the Harrier, sure I do, it's rather the question I need to think about is if when and if now is a good moment.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Like Wags said Alphas are not for everyone.

Some people feel comfortable with Alphas, some not.

Just take a decision and enjoy what you have.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Here for the journey, not just the ride!

For me personally i'm looking forward to watching the Harrier receive updates and then learning how to use/operate the new content, but like others have said if you're not interested so much in the journey and just wish to fly a 100% complete module then just wait for the final release.

Either way i'm sure this great community will be with you, whatever you decide.

You wont see no carriers until 2.5 anyway, Most likely why the harrier is all done in 2.5, Either that or 2.5 comes before the harrier.

The harrier is not "all done in 2.5". The harrier will be available for all versions of DCS... not sure what you mean here.

And the Tarawa LHD (while not a full fledged carrier) will probably be out before 2.5 is released. I'd be willing to bet on that. IRL American Harriers like we are getting do not operate from aircraft carriers. They operate from LHDs.

Hey guys, on training - won’t be in Alpha, the only way to do a proper set of training is to have a more or leas complete airplane - otherwise there is too much updates and going back and forth between the missions.

However, I plan to release them as they are ready so it will be a gradual process, no need to wait until all are done.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 3 weeks later...
LHA Tarawa on release....Yay or Nay?

Doesn't seem anyone has a solid answer on this

It is available. It still is WiP.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."