Navigation in Nevada with the L-39

OVERSPEED

Ok, I checked some other sources and the RSBN-5S can indeed work without the signal from ground station, although the accuracy is very limited in this mode. It's more a backup in case the signal is lost for a time.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil WarBRD, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

The ATC works with the L-39 but no reply from groom or other airfields. This is true too for other birds. The only one which works properly is the A-10......

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

The ATC works with the L-39 but no reply from groom or other airfields. This is true too for other birds. The only one which works properly is the A-10......

Groom doesn't respond because there's no preset channel with the correct frequency :). You can set it in the mission editor, IIRC the frequency is 252.

Nellis is on channel 4, McCarran 18 and Creech 17.

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but it's what inspired me.

I did some research, and added a number of historic NDBs to NTTR. Most have since been decommissioned, but for the Mi-8 / L-39C they can be useful.

More information is in the mod thread itself:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160590