[INVESTIGATE] C-802AKG problems when launched out of range

razo+r

I was playing multiplayer with a hot-started plane from the ground. I mounted the C-802AKG with DL pod and headed towards the target.

I launched one in the DIR mode and one in MAN mode and RP1. The actual target was further back and most likely out of range for the two missiles.

The missile in MAN mode suddenly aborted the link to the DL pod and started doing tight cricles over a point for many minutes.

The second missile, launched in DIR mode (Which I also launched at RP1/Waypoint 30), well, it's hard to explain. The F10 bar showed a continuous flight path, but the 3D object shifted into the sky while it got deformed. You can see it in the picture below.

Unfortunately I cannot attach the track for that flight due to 2 reasons: It's a big mission and it would take way too long until you come to the point to see it.

I will try to reproduce in SP though.

Screen_191206_170754.thumb.png.133b2380d8351e9e9113f3145d860511.png

Edited by uboats

I had issues getting the MAN mode to follow RP1 yesterday in MP server. It decided to make a hard 60-90 degree turn to the right as soon as it came off the rails and kept flying with out a target or waypoint or SPI in the direction it went to. I will try to reproduce this as well. Wondering if it is a thing with the mission or server or who knows.

I've seen similar behaviours in SP, albeit without the warping. At the time, I suspected it had something to do with a mixed load of AK:s and AKG:s, both being launched in unrealistic numbers (because of infinite ammo) — it seemed like the AK:s were trying to be treated like AKG:s and kept showing up as linkable missiles, but as soon as the link turned on, it blinked off again while the missile was doing oblique loops over the designated target area.

But if you saw the same in MP, my guess is that the infinite ammo was no (as much of) a factor and maybe it had to do with overlapping missile logic — the SMS page doesn't seem to differentiate between the two 802 missiles if you have both loaded, and I wouldn't be shocked if this also overrode some of the guidance logic for them.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

You two guys might wanna make seperate threads as yours do not really sound like my issue.

Perhaps not in the causes, but the end result of doing tight circles is much the same. If could be many things that screw up the flight logic in the same way, though, so who knows. I've made a post asking if there's anything known about this, so it was just refreshing to see others noticing the same looping behaviour — I'll probably make a dedicated thread if I can figure out more about when it happens.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧