highly requested MP-feature: allow "spawn aircraft on ground" for FC3 aircraft

D4n

highly requested feature, affecting famous PvP servers (like BlueFlag):

With the amount of modules that server-owners want to enable on airfields (because of player requirements), it currently is impossible to spawn several FC3 aircraft (Su-25T, MiG-29, Su-33, J-11, ..., ...) on airfields because the "spawn on ground"-slots can't be used by FC3 aircraft (and all "spawn on ramp"-slots are already in use by all the other aircraft, M2000, F-5Es, MiG-21, AJS37, L-39, TF-51, YaK-52, F-14, MiG-19).

Please add "spawn on ground" capability for FC3 aircraft on Persian Gulf & Caucasus.

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 1 month later...

Edit: still an issue

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 1 month later...

Becoming even more important now that BlueFlag Persian Gulf server added realistic aerodrome restrictions for advanced weapons.

• 1 month later...

over 4 months and 480 thread views later, still a very urgent issue (to allow squadrons/groups of J-11 flights etc.)

over 4 months and 480 thread views later, still a very urgent issue (to allow squadrons/groups of J-11 flights etc.)

I dont get it .. why cant the mission designers just use more airfields and distribute the available slots better? The helos and harriers can use Farps within the airbase, to leave the ramp slots for conventional aircrafts.

Also, dont mix different eras on the same mission, so dont put tf-51 alongside a-10 for example.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

This is a wish list, a feature request.

ED looks here and sometimes brings them into the sim.

This isn't a bug, so what you may think is an "urgent issue" may not be a priority for the team.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

may not be a priority for the team.

thanks

Well, the thing with that though is that then we get the feeling that ED prioritizes singleplayer over multiplayer :noexpression::(

• ED Team
Well, the thing with that though is that then we get the feeling that ED prioritizes singleplayer over multiplayer :noexpression::(

All bugs have a different priority, MP / SP has nothing to do with it, if it is game breaking it will be high.

This is a wish list however as I have mentioned.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'd like to see FC3 aircraft spawn able to spawn on the ground - it would be useful way beyond MP missions.

Worth remembering though:

Way more people play SP than MP.

If you fix something for SP, you fix it for MP as well, so everyone benefits.

If you fix something for MP (& this isn't actually a 'fix' it's a feature request), only a small % of the community benefit.

Where should the effort go ?

Cheers.

Why do we have parking restrictions in the first place? I can understand pre-placed waypoints so AI know more or less where to park after landing, but aside from that it serves no real purpose to restrict aircraft placement at all.

Rather than make ''spawn on land'' an option, the entire subset should be deleted. All we need to set is whether the engines are running or not.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Way more people play SP than MP.

Source?

Source?

ED + common sense. Look at the server list. Do you think a few hundred people can support this entire company?

-edit

You've been here since 2012 and have 3,500 posts but never saw any of the numerous discussions on this? It's common knowledge

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Every other module which is not FC3 can do it, so it is not like it is a new feature request

Exactly!

Really 'highly requested'? I mean, sure I can see the point that putting planes wherever you feel like seems like a nice thing to have and shouldn't be hard to do, but the supposedly-common scenario you describe in your original post isn't exactly helped by that function.

If you put so many planes on a single airbase that you ran out of space the situation doesn't really get much better by having the option to have them start in spots in between. In fact, it's likely to cause nasty collisions on spawn, which is very annoying to everyone who went through a proper start-up in a non-FC3-module.

Again, I see how this should be possible without too much effort, but the 'urgency' of the issue seems to be down to questionable mission design in my opinion.

This would be a very nice feature and I get why some people don't understand the problem, but when you have a group of people that fly complex missions routinely, being able to have all the flyable options present so that you can fly whatever you wish at that run of the mission is vital to the efficient flow of the event. Mission design doesn't always allow for using multiple bases or doesn't make sense for the particular scenario.

We run into this problem all the time in our squadron. It seems like it should be easy to change as well. It would also open up a wide range of mission possibilities with road farps and the like.

Aside from helos and the harrier, how can you place aircraft with parking on ground instead of a slot? I didn't know it was possible and would love to know!

Why don't you put FC3 aircraft on the parking then and other aircraft on the ground?

I'm not mission creator, this is BuddySpike BlueFlag admin's topic. I don't know yet, waiting for a reply by them now.

"all ( DCS ) parking slot on small airfield are already booked for FC-3 aircraft, the non FC3 do not spawn on the ground, but they spawn on non DCS slot, ie : taxiways"

Edited by DanielNL

In that case, to be honest I don't see why this is such a high-wanted thing? What would the added benefit be to have the FC3 aircraft spawnable on the taxiway, rather than the DCS aircraft?

The FC3 aircraft can already spawn on the parking spots and DCS aircraft anywhere else?

Don't get me wrong, I think this is something that needs to be sorted.

Spawn on ground for all aircraft would be good without a mod.

This

It would literally solve the parking issue on the ground basically perfectly, forever.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 3 months later...
.. & allow the creation of forward bases on roads for the Su-25

Isn't that already possible? add the "remove objects" trigger on roads, then lamps disappear, I'd assume? And placing a FARP/rearm+refuel-trucks near the road should work aswell