Flashlight Operation in VR

Shahriar0

I believe the functionality of flashlight for VR users will greatly improve if illumination followed where the headset is looking at - just as how the cursor behaves which follows the movement of headset.

For VR users who try to minimize interaction with "physical" mouse (separate from mouse buttons bound to HOTAS), this will be a great help. We can simply turn the flashlight on and look at where we want to interact with the cockpit, vs constantly moving the mouse around.

Would ED consider changing the behavior, or giving us the option of turning on a command and getting this functionality?

Thanks.

It does for me. At least in the Viper it does, can't remember any others. With the mouse disabled the headset is your 'mouse' anyway. I just look and the flashlight follows.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Hmm. I have the F5 and the F14, and in neither of them flashlight moves with VR headset - but my mouse is active since I need to click on buttons, instruments etc.

Perhaps this is starting to merge with the thread posted earlier under "VR comms/switch mouse cursor suggestion." I think being able to use the blue cross cursor to click on communication options as well as make the flashlight follow it, would be the way to go.

Thanks.

It does, If you disable the mouse in VR settings then the blue cross becomes your cursor and you map a LMB/RMB/scroll wheel to your HOTAS. No more mouse required.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Is this the same as "Clickable mouse cockpit mode On/Off"? If Yes, then you are correct. That works, so as flashlight illuminating where the blue cross cursor is, as lone as the cursor is showing. The problem, however, is that for the former, I rather not bind yet another key to turn mouse off only to get the proper flashlight behavior, and for the latter, the blue cursor times out (which it should and I like that), but then flashlight remains in one spot until the cursor is moved again. I suppose, what I simply want is the flashlight to illuminate where the headset is looking regardless of mouse being On/Off/Hidden/Showing etc.To me that makes sense.

Thanks.