Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?

Wing

Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?  

595 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want ANY heavy aircraft modules for DCS?

I'd like to have a tanker with a human-operated boom (something similar to the gunner seat in the uh-1h would be enough) but (apart from the model pictured above) most of the tankers are three to four engines, I do not know if they are doable in dcs.

Up to 8 engines right now. I asked about the B36, would just have to enable more engines, apparently :p

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

• 3 weeks later...

Yes to C-47

To Lunatic's list I would add:

C-46 or C-47

DeHavilin Caribu or Buffalow

C-123 Provider

Hi Razor.

I don't think that the desire for a C-47 makes you a lunatic. ED has already shown some interest in it as a W.I.P. This was an amazing, graceful and enduring aircraft, of which there are already excellent simulation models in existence. Their relevance to Combat Simulation cannot be underestimated: armies depend upon personnel transport, cargo drops, airborne troops, reconnaissance and even airborne artillery. They are perfect for short, rough airstrips, and could realistically be used on all of the DCS maps, particularly Persian Gulf (for WW2 N. African campaigns) and, of course, Normandy. They can easily be crewed by a single pilot, and would also provide an excellent training platform for new simmers, being stable and forgiving. Sooner or later DCS will have to get into multi-engine props, and I believe that a good C-47 could be achieved more quickly and with less complexity than, say, the Mosquito which, to be any good would need an option for an AI pilot and a bomb sight to allow the player to play as

bomb-aimer.

Regards,

Mich.

I do not agree in priority there are fighters still to be finished so I would divert attention you have programmers on completely different modules.

it would be good one or occasionally as it happens for the planes of the second world war, but in absolute priority there are the fighters.

You must have patience with a lot of patience.

Wise words dealing with DCS :P

There is an AI C-47 in progress - that already needs some sort of flight model. I do agree that there are enough unfinished projects right now, but this is about the future.

I'm still voting C-160 I think, the more I see it the more I want to fly it.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

As a few mentioned before, with the spread thin Dev teams to have a real shot at a “heavier” aircraft there would need to be some solidarity on what it should be as we’d probably only get 1-2 in the next decade. It was also pointed out the smart choice would be a carrier based platform as it fits in perfectly with the current “ecosystem” and directly supports/ encourages the purchase of the upcoming carrier and other carrier based modules. Sure I’d love a high fidelity model of everything out there from B-1s to C-130s Casa 212s and all that but I think the wisest would be an E-2D followed by the C-2A. If you see on YouTube guys are already using the F10 map to play AWACS, with the E-2 you could still fly and in the orbit switch to a radar officer station. As for the C-2, you could do the cargo ops flying between shore airfields or shore fields to the carrier.

Some more airframe (role) diversity in the future I think would be a welcome thing. Maybe it’s just me but after awhile it’s like “ok another fighter module......same type flying with a different cockpit...woohoo, what about something different”. Just my $.02

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

I do not agree in priority there are fighters still to be finished so I would divert attention you have programmers on completely different modules.

it would be good one or occasionally as it happens for the planes of the second world war, but in absolute priority there are the fighters.

Hi Xilon,

This thread is essentially a wishlist. I'm not trying to argue priority over any WIP. Just pointing out some logical reasons to include the Dakota in the fullness of time.

Regards,

Mich.

Some more airframe (role) diversity in the future I think would be a welcome thing. Maybe it’s just me but after awhile it’s like “ok another fighter module......same type flying with a different cockpit...woohoo, what about something different”. Just my $.02

This! :thumbup:

This is actually the main reason why I haven't bought the JF-17 yet. It's "just" another fighter. Same with the upcoming WW2 birds. Don't get me wrong, all of these are great modules, but I would love to have some birds with different tactical roles.

Hi Razor.

I don't think that the desire for a C-47 makes you a lunatic.

How dare you! :megalol:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

:thumbup: Sweet! An AC-130 Gunship!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

10 year old post. Still the same answers. AC130. Which could be used in context to this game.

of course 10 years on.. no hints at heavies.

Id like to mention i dont consider the F111 a heavy.. but it certainly would fit into that 3rd generation niche. Actually we would need a few Golden Era craft to compliment the F4 Phantom (since that seems to be where the money is next) Otherwise the Phantom will be out gunned by half the mods.. and over powered to the other half.

So if we go the Way of the Phantom.. i would certainly like to see the F111, maybe even Corsairs, Crusaders, Floggers.. THAT would make a great platform to fly the B58 Hustler

The Hustler is flown like a jet, its meant to be flown like a Jet. It would fit (only if it had 50's era craft to fly with)

It was a 3 man craft too.. love to see how a modder would tackle that. Immersion is King

Just for Shizz and Gigglets... How much would it cost to Pay Someone to mod an AC-130?

how many people does it take and how long?

10 year old post. Still the same answers. AC130. Which could be used in context to this game.

of course 10 years on.. no hints at heavies.

Id like to mention i dont consider the F111 a heavy.. but it certainly would fit into that 3rd generation niche. Actually we would need a few Golden Era craft to compliment the F4 Phantom (since that seems to be where the money is next) Otherwise the Phantom will be out gunned by half the mods.. and over powered to the other half.

So if we go the Way of the Phantom.. i would certainly like to see the F111, maybe even Corsairs, Crusaders, Floggers.. THAT would make a great platform to fly the B58 Hustler

The Hustler is flown like a jet, its meant to be flown like a Jet. It would fit (only if it had 50's era craft to fly with)

It was a 3 man craft too.. love to see how a modder would tackle that. Immersion is King

Just for Shizz and Gigglets... How much would it cost to Pay Someone to mod an AC-130?

how many people does it take and how long?

making a plane like that involves a lot of effort because it's a multi-crew.

the ac-130 uses 13 crewmen I have to create the pilot cokpit one and pilot 2 the navigator 3 then you have to create the two machine guns with two artillery men and you have to create other compartments that I personally don't know.