Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

As far as unforseen consequences go, Skynet seems to have huge issues.

-Air to Ground Menu Status Bars don't work anymore.

-Convoys have spawned, are moving and shooting but wont show up as active in -ag/-ag dac

-ag <objective code> gives no correct list anymore.

-Air to Ground kills aren't shown in the chat, A-A kills show up.

Without the objective descriptions i really got surprised by the additional SAM at Tuapse, but its a good addition!

As far as unforseen consequences go, Skynet seems to have huge issues.

-Air to Ground Menu Status Bars don't work anymore.

-Convoys have spawned, are moving and shooting but wont show up as active in -ag/-ag dac

-ag <objective code> gives no correct list anymore.

-Air to Ground kills aren't shown in the chat, A-A kills show up.

Without the objective descriptions i really got surprised by the additional SAM at Tuapse, but its a good addition!

Ok thanks for the report.

I am surprised ; these the major issues didn't appear in my tests.

Something must be different live ; I ll investigate :thumbup:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In Masterscript: Skynet v3.3.3

Broken Unit Tracking

• Fix a bug in the 'Mistaken Identity Fix' that happens after a reset
  • When the server reset, map units spawn before Skynet has registered its event handler and is able to receive the birth event.
  • This leads to units being unknown by the script. Without object tracking, nothing would work properly including intel report and kill log
  • Skynet will go back to using the untrusted DCS.getUnitProperty function for like the 1 min it takes for its event handler to register.
  • Don't hesitate to report more unforseen consequences ; these changes affect the core of Skynet

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Hi Mirk, had a crack on OC with the Dust and NASA today and the issue with the ground units seems to be fixed with the latest update! :thumbup:

Really enjoying the dynamic weather, had a couple of sorties now where I've taken off in calm conditions, done my mission, and returned to a different airfield to rearm and refuel to find myself landing in wind and rain! It's making for a fantastic flying experience :)

I was going through some of the various bits of footage I've shot on OC and wanted to share a particular little moment with you all: NASA and I found ourselves engaging the convoy with only rockets, a couple of HOT3s, and a tonne of explosive packs. We decided to give the IED method of convoy attack a try and this is the result...

Just so you know the cargo/passenger slots still get a lot of love and are one of the defining features of this server! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Mirk, had a crack on OC with the Dust and NASA today and the issue with the ground units seems to be fixed with the latest update! :thumbup:

Really enjoying the dynamic weather, had a couple of sorties now where I've taken off in calm conditions, done my mission, and returned to a different airfield to rearm and refuel to find myself landing in wind and rain! It's making for a fantastic flying experience :)

I was going through some of the various bits of footage I've shot on OC and wanted to share a particular little moment with you all: NASA and I found ourselves engaging the convoy with only rockets, a couple of HOT3s, and a tonne of explosive packs. We decided to give the IED method of convoy attack a try and this is the result...

Just so you know the cargo/passenger slots still get a lot of love and are one of the defining features of this server! :)

Thanks man, I really needed that today :thumbup:

I am glad all you heli-pilots like these features.

As a fighter pilot, I kind of coded them in the blind hoping this will add interesting content for helis lol.

For the dynamic weather, I am glad you like it ; it was a pain to get something I felt comfortable shipping and I decided to re-use an early weather pattern from OC.

It's hard to control random :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Yeah cant speak enough about the weather! its awesome! Took off on a clear morning at night then by the time i RTBd it was overcast and rainy!

Quick question or possible request, for the L39 it has 19 preset channels but i cant seem to find awacs on them. Is it possible to change channel 0 or something to the AWACS in me? no idea how it works! anyhoo great stuff!!@!!:thumbup:

Screen_160901_085000.thumb.jpg.a57d90a54db08c4c0d28daa0cc105129.jpg

Screen_160831_230924.thumb.jpg.4966c37cbab66891215b5daced2bfdfa.jpg

Screen_160901_085007.thumb.jpg.01a25dc8f8de26caea8ea845905a210a.jpg

Screen_160831_232050.thumb.jpg.14ae8838d7a0f81475b4dfda859ab38e.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

It's a bad pic I was late with the screenshot, it's actually bluefor INC at the first spawn location. A BTR and infantry occupy that village that I illuminated. Then the airfield is on the coast at Gelenz...

Tuapse in real life! I can spot Mig so much better lol

image.thumb.jpeg.4133377dc7884086fff31f3c81798f33.jpeg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

Probably a stupid question! I can't seem to get armed up in the UH-1. I want to select the M60s and head off but it doesn't ever load them on. The cargo isn't ever a problem but the guns are.

Can anyone help this silly bastard?

First try engines and battery off with doors open. Then ask them to re arm. If you turn battery on you must talk to ground through the INT (intercom) mic on the radio panel. (Click through the channels from INT PVT 1 2 3 4 5 and when u go over INT a com menu will appear. That is the inter phone menu u must use. Also doors must be open to arm.

Im guessing this was made due to the now famous "Ramen incident" involving Mirk and Dust.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Is there a particular schedule for the day/night cycle? It seems like 95% of the time I get on it's pitch black.

Don't forget you can check f10 map or your instrument to get the local time of the server and have an idea of where the sun is going.

At the moment, the time frame is about one hour before dawn.

I will change it to 3h before dusk to have the one hour more dark at the end of the session.

The current time frame offers more dark that I wanted for one reason: crashes.

When it crashes, the server at the moment reset to darkness.

With the changes I want to do, a server crash will just remove some darkness instead of adding to it.

I am not sure if it makes sense but yea the next timeframe will go in the night instead of from the night. :thumbup:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In Map: Open Conflict Tuapse - v3.0.2

Hello darkness, my old friend

• Switch weather and time frame to a late winter evening going into dusk
  • The session should end in the dark instead of starting with it.

L39

• Channel 0 have be set to 124Mhz, the AWACS frequency.
  • They should now be able to access report more easily
  • My knowledge of the L39 is not enough to test it, tell me if it fixes your problems

btn_donate_pp_142x27.png

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Is there a particular schedule for the day/night cycle? It seems like 95% of the time I get on it's pitch black.

When ever the server restarts. It seems to start at 5:00am and slowly goes to day time over the course of the mission

Saitek X-52 | Track IR 5 w/ TrackClip | DSD "Trackzilla" Button Box

Flaming Cliffs 3 | F-5e | Mirage 2000 | A-10c | Harrier AV-8B

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also i can confirm with GREAT joy, YES mirknir L39 radio now can tune and listen to awacs. Much appreciated!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Screen_160905_210726.thumb.jpg.18038db99104b7da7be6ec153684d918.jpg