Ракеты в DCS - Page 709 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2019, 02:42 PM   #7081
GGTharos
Veteran
 
GGTharos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 30,257
Default

It is pretty much all about processors, manufacturing technology etc. Vietnam era missiles failed because the components couldn't take the abuse.
They also failed because processing power was low, and they failed due to lack of training (in this case, failure is attributed to the pilot shooting out of parameters).

Components became better in that same era (solid state technology) and things happened faster, missiles would no longer break as easily, they could maneuver better but there was still a training issue - also the old technology used there was pretty poor at picking a target out of noise compared to what we have even in the 80s.

In any case, I don't see why you feel the need to make stuff up that you don't even know much about. Your complaint that 'This missile does this, but that missile works in a different way' is enough.

As for updates to the R-27 series, show'em. We can date updates to pretty much any US missile - a little less so for other western missiles but that's out there also.

For your information Tek, I work directly with an ex MiG-29 pilot ... he confirms that this radar was the suck.
__________________

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:49 PM   #7082
Teknetinium
Senior Member
 
Teknetinium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
It is pretty much all about processors, manufacturing technology etc. Vietnam era missiles failed because the components couldn't take the abuse.
They also failed because processing power was low, and they failed due to lack of training (in this case, failure is attributed to the pilot shooting out of parameters).

Components became better in that same era (solid state technology) and things happened faster, missiles would no longer break as easily, they could maneuver better but there was still a training issue - also the old technology used there was pretty poor at picking a target out of noise compared to what we have even in the 80s.

In any case, I don't see why you feel the need to make stuff up that you don't even know much about. Your complaint that 'This missile does this, but that missile works in a different way' is enough.

As for updates to the R-27 series, show'em. We can date updates to pretty much any US missile - a little less so for other western missiles but that's out there also.

For your information Tek, I work directly with an ex MiG-29 pilot ... he confirms that this radar was the suck.
I have direct contact with Su-27/Su-30/EF-2000 pilots as well and they tell me other stories then you and ED. lol but hey their life is on the line Only in DCS can you fly straight pupping flare and chaff and knowing that ER-/ET will go for countermeasures 100%, only in DCS Frostie made a good point, the probability for ER-27/ETs tracking is way to obvious compare to RL or other missiles in DCS.


As I told you I have video of 4 T/73 fired in RL combat, I cant have better prove.

Last edited by Teknetinium; 11-08-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Teknetinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #7083
DronneR
Member
 
DronneR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknetinium View Post
We are talking power output, not only processor. Thats why I say, you take all the positives but disregard the negatives, and on Su-27 point out only negatives.
Increasing power output will increase return both from chaff and target. SNR will stay at the same rate. So, processing capabilities and noise floor start to rule here
__________________
DronneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:08 PM   #7084
DronneR
Member
 
DronneR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknetinium View Post
You could go to space if all was about processors, but its not! For your knowledge GG, ER-27 and ET had updates as well!
I told you, you should learn about guidance systems much more. 27 do not have processor at all.
__________________
DronneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #7085
Teknetinium
Senior Member
 
Teknetinium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DronneR View Post
Increasing power output will increase return both from chaff and target. SNR will stay at the same rate. So, processing capabilities and noise floor start to rule here
Then jammers would work on active missile from 10km by your logic, but this is DCS and you are not making you self a favor when you facing a bandit and using exploits that will make bandits missile miss 100%, there is no such tricks in RL.

Last edited by Teknetinium; 11-08-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Teknetinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:16 PM   #7086
DronneR
Member
 
DronneR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 467
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknetinium View Post
Then jammers would work on active missile from 10km by your logic, but this is DCS and you are not making you self a favor when you facing using exploits that will make bandits missile miss 100%. there is no such trick in RL.
There is no guarantee that jammers will work from any distance. It depends on SNR once again, on jammer frequency hopping abilities related to missiles', on bandwidth, on pulse rise and decay time e.t.c.
__________________
DronneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:17 PM   #7087
Teknetinium
Senior Member
 
Teknetinium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DronneR View Post
There is no guarantee that jammers will work from any distance. It depends on SNR once again, on jammer frequency hopping abilities related to missiles', on bandwidth, on pulse rise and decay time e.t.c.
There is no guarantee that ER-27/ET will go for chaff or Flares as well, It would be appreciated if ED could look in to that.
Teknetinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #7088
Flаnker
Veteran
 
Flаnker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Russia, Nizhni Novgorod
Posts: 15,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
As for updates to the R-27 series, show'em. We can date updates to pretty much any US missile - a little less so for other western missiles but that's out there also.
A couple of months ago you assured me that the R-27P does not exist
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
For your information Tek, I work directly with an ex MiG-29 pilot ... he confirms that this radar was the suck.
If R-27s are such bad missiles, why did India buy them for their Su30MKI?
__________________
naval-flanker.livejournal.com - Мой блог об авиации/My aviation blog
Flаnker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:21 PM   #7089
DronneR
Member
 
DronneR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknetinium View Post
There is no guarantee that ER-27/ET will go for chaff or Flares as well, It would be appreciated if ED could look in to that.
There is. It has very poor signal processing and guidance abilities. Read missile's technical description for more info.
__________________
DronneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:24 PM   #7090
Teknetinium
Senior Member
 
Teknetinium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DronneR View Post
There is. It has very poor signal processing and guidance abilities. Read missile's technical description for more info.
videos show something different So you want to play and assume that jammers should not work on actives or at all but ER-27/ET should go for Chaff and Flares 100% of the time. Lovely logic.

Last edited by Teknetinium; 11-08-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Teknetinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:59 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.