This all for Viper updates? - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #51
Gruman

Quote:
The large (silent) majority is just happy and proud of what you do for us every day!
+1
Gruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:21 AM   #52
claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonty View Post
Dear DCS developers,
The large (silent) majority is just happy and proud of what you do for us every day!
hear, hear!
claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #53
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Thank you to all for your support and patience, it means a lot to us.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:30 PM   #54
Arctander

Quote:
Dear DCS developers,

it hurts my soul to see the hostility you are sometimes confronted with.
I absolutely agree that insults/hostility etc is unnacceptable.

Quote:
I have the feeling that you can never please some of these people!
This is where I disagree. While there is certainly impatience, much of that is caused by ED poor communications to date, and chopping and changing what is an 'acceptable' release state, in quantity and quality, and by going against previously stated positions which themselves were used to justify/downplay concerns.

Quote:
Going to be that person who says how do you know it is a silent majority who are positive, vs a silent majority who are negative? None of us can speak for anyone but ourselves.

I am hopeful that the recent improvements in communication are sustained, and not just being used to ameliorate concerns around the F16 launch - but it is beholden to ED to do better in their workload estimation, planning, communication, clarity of and sticking to a 'baseline' quantity and quality of feature at launch.
Arctander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:01 PM   #55
MadMonty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctander View Post

This is where I disagree. While there is certainly impatience, much of that is caused by ED poor communications to date, and chopping and changing what is an 'acceptable' release state, in quantity and quality, and by going against previously stated positions which themselves were used to justify/downplay concerns.
Is the communication really that bad? I'm not a software developer myself, but I'm responsible for demanding multi-million projects. The difficulty lies in the complexity of the task. We all want to have as much information as possible in advance, yes we urge the developers on this platform to respond. As so often in life and no matter in which branch, surprises, problems and changes await those who are responsible. Not everything can always go according to plan and that's exactly what some people come across here in the forum, because originally A was promised and B was made. My only concern is to show some understanding and not to blame everything on bad communication or faulty strategies / developments. Which of us is already free of mistakes?

Quote:
Going to be that person who says how do you know it is a silent majority who are positive, vs a silent majority who are negative? None of us can speak for anyone but ourselves.
I totally agree with you! I am not entitled to speak for the rest of the forum. In this respect I have probably expressed myself somewhat unhappily - it was only meant well. However, I was often allowed to lead conferences with numerous visitors and have always had the experience that those who see problems in a matter were much louder and more dominant than the agreeing (silent) rest. So I took the liberty to use my experience for this forum as well. Please don't hold it against me...

Thermaltake Core V1 | MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon | Intel I7700K | EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC | 32 GB RAM DDR4-3000 | Corsair H90 | 250 & 500 GB Samsung Evo850 SSD | WIN 10 64bit Pro | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Oculus Rift S
MadMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:18 PM   #56
Kid18120

Quote:
[...]
[...]
So much THIS!
I'm sure the Devs know that those who really support them are the silent ones, but posts like this certainly do help to keep the morale up

Simming since 2005
My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA GTX1070 FTW, Corsair HX850
Kid18120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:55 PM   #57
Nightstalker

It’s been almost 2 months since we had a stable update. I think the beta people can quit whining.
Nightstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:42 PM   #58
Arctander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
It’s been almost 2 months since we had a stable update. I think the beta people can quit whining.
And why is that? Because the Viper has been launched so bare boned and with so many issues that they by neccessity need to hold back on updating stable until its got to a point that is 'acceptable'.

If it had stayed in the oven for another few months, then stable could have been updated more frequently.

So for me, the length of time stable has gone without an update is absolutely a consequence of releasing the Viper far too early so people complaining that the Viper isn't being updated frequently enough with decent sized steps forwards are in fact also (in effect) agreeing with those complaining of a lack of updates to stable, and vice versa!
Arctander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:01 PM   #59
MadMonty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctander View Post
And why is that? Because the Viper has been launched so bare boned and with so many issues that they by neccessity need to hold back on updating stable until its got to a point that is 'acceptable'.
Proposal to all those for whom development is not fast enough. Uninstall the Viper and only reload it when it is stable. In the meantime just pretend it hasn't been released and please be happy if it's stable with more features.

Would the Viper be further developed today if DCS had held it back? All speculation! I don't believe it and find the mostly constructive feedback of the community helpful to further develop the aircraft.

At the weekend I'm thinking about what's wrong in my life, that I still have so much fun with the Viper...

Thermaltake Core V1 | MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon | Intel I7700K | EVGA GTX 1080 TI SC | 32 GB RAM DDR4-3000 | Corsair H90 | 250 & 500 GB Samsung Evo850 SSD | WIN 10 64bit Pro | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Oculus Rift S
MadMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #60
BuzzU

I'm not sure why someone would buy into a beta program and then not use the beta version?