Dynamic kneeboard or other soljtion as mission events change.

Adamastor

Hello everyone

I'm building a "quite complex" mission and trying to avoid too much scripting.

The nature of the mission requires a lot of information as the mission events change, depending the triggers that are activated.

Because in some circumstances the players are busy, and some new situation pop up, is not hard to miss the information.

As far as I know there is not "say again" capacity in DCS, so, the way I found is to activate new briefings as the mission goes on, and it really works fine, but has a major limitation in my mission case, because I don't want the players can see in advance what is to come, so, all I can do is the major headlines for the mission and not the events that pop up.

For exame the Huey mission is to deploy a bomb squad in a certain area, but in the way it can activate a trigger were allied troops are under attack and need air cover from units near by, at same time aircrafts are attacking a airfield but the command gives a new order to help the guys that are in trouble.... and so on.

If it exists, one way to solve this issue, would be with some new pages for the kneeboard during the mission, or better, a way to "say again".

I wonder if someone ever had this question, I searched in forum, but didn't found anything close.

Cheers

Edited by Adamastor

I haven’t played around with it too much, but the set mission briefing action might be what you’re looking for for now.

You can type plain text into the action, and it will appear when the player selects Alt-B.

(It’s not a knee board but it’s a start.

Thank you. That's what I did and is working great, but as I say before doesn´t cover all needs

:smilewink:

Edited by Adamastor

Wrt. the "say again" concept: you could achieve this via adding the tasks as radio command/-s tree, e.g. "TASKS"->"NEW TASK [TIMESTAMP_1]"..."NEW TASK [TIMESTAMP_n]", and in turn have the commands print the task descriptions on activation.

That is absolutely perfect ... thank you, just what I needed, I´ll have to do dozens of flags, but makes up for the effort and time.

One more question, if I may, I tried switch and once trigger, but it only works once, the continuous action also isn`t a choice because keep repeating. Can I be doing something wrong?

Another thing I notice in the test I did, was that if for some reason I choose another slot and return to the one I was before the menu for radio item is there, but doesn´t show message ... probably have to set another value for the flag?

Thanks again, you really help.:thumbup: