Why the next addition should be the Dassault Mirage

Pilum

F-8, "last gunfighter". I know it was a relevant moniker back in the day, but when people are making documentaries nowadays, they should be aware of what other airforces have been doing.

Israeli Mirage III and Nesher with twin 30mm had around 55 confirmed (reasonably) gun kills in 1967 alone, and added more in '73. Last was in '74.

http://www.acig.info/CMS/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=198&Itemid=47

Edited by emg

• 2 weeks later...

IMO Mirage III would be THE best choice. For many reasons, not only because being from Argentina i grew up listening to stories about this plane in our Air Force, but also because it fought in many important battles, Yom Kippur and Malvinas 1982 (Falklands) just to mention a couple of them. Also it's a plane that has been used worlwide by many countries.

I would love to see this plane in DCS and also A-4 Skyhawk, for the same reasons i mentioned before. ;)

Low passes by Argentine Mirage III and A4's among others

San Carlos Bomb Alley 1982

S!

Edited by Chimango

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

Mirage III is an excellent choice for many reasons. I would buy any mainstream variant, though I would prefer either Israeli versions that saw combat or any of the most capable front line French versions.

But I would love the Draken or Viggen just as much.

I would also like an F-5E as much or more than the above aircraft.

As long as the aircraft have flight modeling equivalent or better than the DCS PFM level, I would be happy to buy any or all of them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, one of the three aircraft they are making will be an F-14 (or they will be hated for all of that hinting at the F-14).

I also am taking a guess that the second aircraft will be another russian design. So, it could be a Mirage variant, but I doubt it because RAZBAM is making a Mirage already

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51